Option to turn off auto formatting in the Automate code editor.

Created at 04 Aug 2020, 16:45
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

rohingosling

Joined 02.08.2018

Option to turn off auto formatting in the Automate code editor.
04 Aug 2020, 16:45

An option to turn off auto formatting of code in the Automate code editor.

For those of us who edit with Visual Studio, all our code formatting gets reset in the event that save or build in the Automate code editor.

It is possible to just remember never to build or save in the Automate code editor, but as soon as you do accidentally save or build in the Automate code editor, all the code formatting from Visual Studio gets reset.

It would be nice to be able to turn off auto formatting in the Automate code editor, so that any external code formatting remains unmodified. It would be nice even to be able to turn off auto formatting so that any code formatting we apply even in Automate remains after saving or building.

cTrader Automate
@rohingosling
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Aug 2020, 16:51 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

Hi rohingosling,

Here it is

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

rohingosling
04 Aug 2020, 17:22

RE:

Thanks!

I am embarrassed to admit that I found this, like 1 minute after posting the sagestion. 

In fact, it is so embarrassing, given how easy the setting is to find, that I wish there were a way to delete this sagestion.

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi rohingosling,

Here it is

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@rohingosling

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Aug 2020, 08:50

Hi rohingosling,

Don't worry, it happens to all of us :)

Best Regards,