Ctrader or Metatrader?

Created at 28 Jun 2020, 19:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
M2

m25687423

Joined 28.06.2020

Ctrader or Metatrader?
28 Jun 2020, 19:18

Hi,

After Years of Trading I want to start Automate trading now. There seem to be 2 options for me: Using Ctrader or MT. 

For manual trading, it's easier to work with ctrader. But the question is, if it's true for CBots? As I'm not familiar with Programming I have to learn MQL5 for MT or C# for Ctrader and  I don't want to invest time and then regret choosing one of them. 

It seems to be harder to find relevant videos on YouTube for Ctrader. But as I watched videos about MQL5, it seems to be easy to use it. So my first question is, is it to do the same to write a bot in Ctrader (as I won't be an expert in programming). The other question is, if there is an official source to find how to adjust my programming knowledge, to what is relevant for writing bots?(If it's even needed). And how easy is it to get a support if I get problem?

Thanks for your answer. 

@m25687423
Replies

firemyst
30 Aug 2020, 12:28

Have you looked at the online guides @Spotware have posted?

https://help.ctrader.com/ctrader-automate/guides/trading_api

As for me, I went the cTrader route because it uses C#, which to me is easier because I already knew it. :-)

MT5 will definitely have more support and more options available though because that seems to be the standard in the industry MetaTrader.

If you plan to do any other kind of programming other than for bots/indicators (eg, writing your own Windows applications or whatever), then you should learn C#; otherwise it's up to you.

@firemyst

nguyenluat.6996
15 Sep 2020, 19:58

If you use cTrader with C#, you should learn C#

If you use MTx with Mql, you should learn C++

You always need to find some programming tutorials to learn the above languages and sharpen your skill.

It's your choice.

In my opinion, I like cTrader and I feel it easier to code.

If you want sth popular, head to MQL.

@nguyenluat.6996

Shares4UsDevelopment
17 Sep 2020, 16:29

RE:

cTrader Code is easier readable and easier to structure.
MT4 (i also write bots for MT4/5) is one big heap of buffer Spagethi and Enums which was the norm about 20-25 year ago (before OOP)
So better try cTrader if you will have to learn from scratch, it's easier and more flexible.

@Shares4UsDevelopment