AMD Threadripper Optimisation will not complete a single pass if Resources allocated is above 12%

Created at 02 Jun 2020, 11:30
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

VertoTrading

Joined 18.06.2018

AMD Threadripper Optimisation will not complete a single pass if Resources allocated is above 12%
02 Jun 2020, 11:30

Hi Guys,

We have a PC here running the following configuration:

When we try to run a optimisation on this from 01/01/2016 - 23/04/2020, it will not complete a single pass if we allocate more than 12% of Allocatable Resources to it. If we have the Resources 12% or less it will actually run.

I have tried setting the PID CPU affinity to only run 4 Cores; this did not work either. Also as advised by Panagiotis, i ran a sample cBot, which also did not complete a pass.

If this can be looked into ASAP, that would be great. I will also send the troubleshooting info with a link to this post.

@VertoTrading
Replies

GrowthGrail
12 Aug 2021, 11:02

Was this solved? Is Threadripper an issue ?

Hi we are planning in acquiring a powerful Threadripper PRO and was wondering if this was solved.

Giving the relatively high investment, I would really appreciate a reply on this topic.

Kind Regards

@GrowthGrail