chart clock is off

Created at 03 Apr 2020, 20:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CA

calgodemo

Joined 28.05.2019

chart clock is off
03 Apr 2020, 20:44

Hey all,

At the bottom of the ctrader window where it shows 'Current Time', the time, then the timezone, my time is incorrect.

I have everything set to UTC-5 (NY, East coast - the same as my local system time which also says UTC-5), however the time itself is an hour behind, or in my case Central Standard Time.

Is it not updating for daylight savings? if my bot/indicator codes use the same timeframe will this affect execution at all?

Many thanks!

CaD

@calgodemo
Replies

firemyst
05 Apr 2020, 09:45

RE:

calgodemo said:

Hey all,

At the bottom of the ctrader window where it shows 'Current Time', the time, then the timezone, my time is incorrect.

I have everything set to UTC-5 (NY, East coast - the same as my local system time which also says UTC-5), however the time itself is an hour behind, or in my case Central Standard Time.

Is it not updating for daylight savings? if my bot/indicator codes use the same timeframe will this affect execution at all?

Many thanks!

CaD

Can you post a screen capture please showing the time differences?

@firemyst

calgodemo
09 Apr 2020, 08:59 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE: RE:

firemyst said:

calgodemo said:

Hey all,

Many thanks!

CaD

As of this posting, it is nearly 2am in NYC, yet my ctrader instance is trying to tell me it's still winter.

Thanks!

CaD

@calgodemo

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Apr 2020, 09:12

Hi calgodemo.

Coordinated Universal Time is not affected by Daylight Saving Time changes. Your local timezone, set by the operating system, does. Just google UTC time and you will find out that it is the same as in cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
09 Apr 2020, 09:14 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE: RE: RE:

calgodemo said:

firemyst said:

calgodemo said:

Hey all,

Many thanks!

CaD

As of this posting, it is nearly 2am in NYC, yet my ctrader instance is trying to tell me it's still winter.

Thanks!

CaD

It's doing the same for me. I'm currently located in Perth Australia (UTC + 8), and I know the US East Coast is 12 hours behind. So it's 2:12pm here Thursday, meaning it's now 2:12am your time Thursday morning.

When I set my cTrader to UTC - 5, it's incorrect for me as well showing:

This is for @Panagiotis and Team @Spotware to respond to as to why it's happening.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Apr 2020, 09:37

Hi firemyst,

See my response above.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

calgodemo
09 Apr 2020, 18:04 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi calgodemo.

Coordinated Universal Time is not affected by Daylight Saving Time changes. Your local timezone, set by the operating system, does. Just google UTC time and you will find out that it is the same as in cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Thank you both for your replies,

Panagiotis, will this affect any execution when my bots/indicators are set to EasternStandardTime? (in the topline with isOverlay etc...)

resetting the chart to UTC-6 will fix the time on the chart as you suggest, I understand why that is happening now, but since I use Bars.Opentime in my reporting, and my indicator/bots use timezone.EasternStandardTime, will my reporting be off by an hour (to my computer time)?? Can you help me understand the relationship between that setting in indicators and the chart display (since I can set it to anything really)

Thanks,

CaD

@calgodemo