dll referencing

Created at 24 Jan 2014, 19:16
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BR

brokerka

Joined 22.01.2014

dll referencing
24 Jan 2014, 19:16

Hello!

I have developed a DLL with Visual Studio 2010, it contains my cAlgo robot.

I have copied it into computers "my documents\calgo\sources\robots" directory, after started cAlgo, and i can start the robot, and works like a charm.

Today cAlgo was uptaded itself.

After update, i cannot see my robot, the dll file, and i cannot reference any dll, only algo file.

What's happened? cAlgo does not support dll referencing at the future?

(Sorry for my bad english knowledge)

Thanks for the answer!

@brokerka
Replies

hermoso
25 Jan 2014, 17:57

Exactly the same problem here!

@hermoso

Spotware
25 Jan 2014, 20:38

Since now cBots and indicators can be loaded from .algo files only.  Please recompile your algorithms using cAlgo.

It is still possible to reference custom .dll files from your algorithms.

Now we are preparing integration with Visual Studio in the native way. You will be able to execute “Edit in Visual Studio” command from context menu of cBot or Indicator.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

@Spotware

jobenb
26 Jan 2014, 05:32

Good work guys - good work!

I can't wait for fully integrated visual studio support. You guys rock! Thank you for becoming better and better and putting Traders first. The community is definitely noticing and you will win the hearts of more and more Algorithmic Traders around the world, so that we can kick slow evolving MetaTrader out of the game!

@jobenb

brokerka
27 Jan 2014, 07:46

Thank you for the modification! My cAlgo was updated itself, now i can add dll with add refecence button!

Thank you for the fast work!

@brokerka

aharonzbaida
04 Jan 2015, 20:57

Dear developers,

I have a similar problem: I copied one of the sample robots from cAlgo, and opened the source in VS for editing. I did it this way instead of right clicking in cAlgo and selecting edit in VS because I wanted to choose my own location for the files.

In any case, once I finish editing the robot, how do I get cAlgo to show it in the list and run it?

Your help is appreciated.

-Roni

@aharonzbaida

... Deleted by UFO ...