Optimizing CPU Utilization only 20%

Created at 07 Mar 2020, 01:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
VI

vice

Joined 14.08.2018

07 Mar 2020, 01:37

Hello,

first of all I have to mention that I read all the necessary threads about this topic but I couldn't get rid of the problem.

I have a self coded bot which was running fine on my i7 4770k 4 Core with 8 Threads in optimization on 100%.

Because I want to speed up optimizing I bought an 3950x with 16 cores and 32 threads.

So far so good but after turning on the optimization the cpu utilization is only 20% and the optimization run is slower than before. 

I tried:

- Reinstalling calgo

- Rebuilding my bot and indicators as well

- Setting the ressources to 100%

- Taking care to use .0 values if it is a double parameter

- Trying different .net frameworks

- Making optimization runs with the sample bots like the SampleRSIcBot and so on leading to the same results.

But now I don't know a solution how to use the full 100% performance of my cpu. Can you please help me which steps I have to do?

Best regards 

@vice
Replies

... Deleted by UFO ...

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Mar 2020, 16:17

Hi vice,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We managed to reproduce it and will investigate further.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

izmirzim
26 Mar 2020, 20:42

I run an optimization program on MATLAB and it takes several minutes. But only 25 percent of CPU is used. How can I use a higher percentage of CPU capacity?

telegram vidmate

@izmirzim

vice
27 Mar 2020, 15:36

Hello,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

if I should test sth. for you just send me a PM or write me an E-Mail.

Thx for the support.

Best regards

@vice

firemyst
28 Mar 2020, 11:05

RE:

vice said:

Hello,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

if I should test sth. for you just send me a PM or write me an E-Mail.

Thx for the support.

Best regards

Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Would also like to know if there will be a future setting in cTrader so we can have it use up to 80-90% of our CPU while running normally.

Thanks!

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Mar 2020, 08:08

RE: RE:

Hi firemyst,

This will be fixed in v3.8. There is no plan to have such a setting for all functions of cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous