Optimisation still slow after latest 3.7 update

Created at 20 Feb 2020, 17:51
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LI

lisabeaney

Joined 08.10.2019

Optimisation still slow after latest 3.7 update
20 Feb 2020, 17:51

Hi,

We are finding that the latest update to 3.7 released by the broker today has not fixed the issue of the optimisations taking approx twice as long as they did previously. Is this something that is still "Work in Progress" ??

Lisa

@lisabeaney
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Feb 2020, 09:07

Hi Lisa,

We do not have any other work in progress for this issue. Can you share a cBot that demonstrates this behavior?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lisabeaney
24 Feb 2020, 11:16 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Lisa,

We do not have any other work in progress for this issue. Can you share a cBot that demonstrates this behavior?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

I'm assuming you would like the BOT with the code included.... what is the best email address to send this through to ?

We have run the optimisation on the same machine on version 3.6 and 3.7 using the same parameters. The times have gone from 4hr 36min to over 18 hours..

Version 3.6Version 3.7

@lisabeaney

PanagiotisCharalampous
24 Feb 2020, 11:30

Hi Lisa,

As far as I can see you are using the Genetic Algorithm as an optimization method. GA introduce randomness between executions therefore execution times are not comparable. Can you reproduce the same behavior using Grid search?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lisabeaney
24 Feb 2020, 11:42

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Lisa,

As far as I can see you are using the Genetic Algorithm as an optimization method. GA introduce randomness between executions therefore execution times are not comparable. Can you reproduce the same behavior using Grid search?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi Panagiotis,

I understand that the times can vary but in all the optimisations that we ran using the GA on v3.6 we never saw the times vary between 4.5 hrs and 18 hrs using the same bot on the same currency pair using the same test parameters.

Just to make it clear we have seen a 400% increase in optimisation times. We are used to seeing variances with the GA but we have never seen variances of this size before.

Unfortunately we can't try running this on the grid method because we don't have access to v3.6 anymore.

Kind regards,

Lisa

@lisabeaney

PanagiotisCharalampous
24 Feb 2020, 11:55

Hi Lisa,

Please send me the cBot code at community@spotware.com.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous