New API Vers. 3.7: my job is blocked - Backtasting very Slow and MultiTimeFrame not working in Optimization

Created at 13 Feb 2020, 00:23
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

mparama

Joined 11.10.2016

New API Vers. 3.7: my job is blocked - Backtasting very Slow and MultiTimeFrame not working in Optimization
13 Feb 2020, 00:23

Please need help !!!

I cannot go on with my work as all my strategies use the multi Timeframe and I cannot use the Optimization.

also I cannot update the other strategies as the Backtest is practically useless as it is very slow. For 5/9 years of backtesting it takes a lot of hours when with version 3.6 it ended in less than 30 minutes.

I know you are working to fix these problems but please do it quickly !!!

Thank you

@mparama
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Feb 2020, 08:46

Hi Mparama,

We have released a hotfix on Spotware Beta. Can you please check?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

mparama
13 Feb 2020, 13:43

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Mparama,

We have released a hotfix on Spotware Beta. Can you please check?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Dear Panagiotis

I'll check it.

Thank you very much for your always kind help.

@mparama

mparama
14 Feb 2020, 02:14

New API 3.7: Backtest and Optimization are working OK.

Dear Panagiotis,

I have tested BackTest  in Beta and it seems working even faster then version 3.6.

I have tested as well the optimization with MultiTimeframe and everything seems working OK.

Thank you very much to you and all the staff of Spotware for the efforts to give us always a better service.

Regards

@mparama

TzvetomirTerziysky
19 Feb 2020, 16:45

RE: New API 3.7: Backtest and Optimization are working OK.

mparama said:

Dear Panagiotis,

I have tested BackTest  in Beta and it seems working even faster then version 3.6.

I have tested as well the optimization with MultiTimeframe and everything seems working OK.

Thank you very much to you and all the staff of Spotware for the efforts to give us always a better service.

Regards

Can you please share how you define the MultiTime frame?

My Bars are empty in Optimisation if they are different time frame( and throw Null Exception), while the work perfectly fine under BackTesting

@TzvetomirTerziysky

mparama
20 Feb 2020, 01:54

RE: RE: New API 3.7: Backtest and Optimization are working OK.

TzvetomirTerziysky said:

mparama said:

Dear Panagiotis,

Regards

My Bars are empty in Optimisation if they are different time frame( and throw Null Exception), while the work perfectly fine under BackTesting

Hi,

as soon as they released di HotFix the Optimization seems working again. Some days later it was not working again probably because they were working in progress.

Yesterday from Beta version I have downloaded an upgrade and it seems they fixed the optimization.

@mparama

asencanada
20 Feb 2020, 06:40

RE: RE: New API 3.7: Backtest and Optimization are working OK.

TzvetomirTerziysky said:

mparama said:

Dear Panagiotis,

Regards

@Tzvetomir. Az imam dobur multi frame indicator. Ako ti triabva, pishi mi. Pozdrav

@asencanada

TzvetomirTerziysky
21 Feb 2020, 14:37

RE: RE: RE: New API 3.7: Backtest and Optimization are working OK.

@asencanada

Hi Asen thank you for the offer. I am constantly developing and improving my strategy and I will be interested to look at it. Can you please send the code to tt2002@abv.bg ?

I would be glad to share some of my trend ones if you are interested.

@TzvetomirTerziysky