last update: backtesting and optimization tick mode too slow and impossible to finish .....

Created at 06 Feb 2020, 14:50
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TR

tradermatrix

Joined 24.07.2012

last update: backtesting and optimization tick mode too slow and impossible to finish .....
06 Feb 2020, 14:50

My cTrader application did an update last night, and the backtesting is slow and almost impossible to finish in tick mode.
and it is slightly different ... even in bar mode it is slower than usual ...
my robots that i use are very complex and require a lot
of virtual memory.
I thought at first that my computer had a failure but after checking everything is fine ... especially that I have a competition machine .. !!! last generation...
the new features are great, but backtesting is now impossible ... a test on a simplified robot that lasted about 5 minutes lasts more than an hour,
and on a more complex robot the backtesting is not finished after several hours.
optimization will be impossible.
my broker is peperstone ...
how to correct or cancel this update
cordially

@tradermatrix
Replies

aleksief
06 Feb 2020, 15:03

RE:

tradermatrix said:

My cTrader application did an update last night, and the backtesting is slow and almost impossible to finish in tick mode.
and it is slightly different ... even in bar mode it is slower than usual ...
my robots that i use are very complex and require a lot
of virtual memory.
I thought at first that my computer had a failure but after checking everything is fine ... especially that I have a competition machine .. !!! last generation...
the new features are great, but backtesting is now impossible ... a test on a simplified robot that lasted about 5 minutes lasts more than an hour,
and on a more complex robot the backtesting is not finished after several hours.
optimization will be impossible.
my broker is peperstone ...
how to correct or cancel this update
cordially

Yeeep... Agree with that. BACKTESTING NOW is UTRA SLOW...maybe x3 or x4 time slower...

@aleksief

lithast
07 Feb 2020, 01:09

Same problem, also with Pepperstone. Posted a thread about it yesterday. If you want to iterate through ideas with any kind of speed kills the workflow.

Spotware, Is there anyway to rollback to the previous version while this is looked at?

@lithast

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Feb 2020, 10:52

Hi all,

We have identified a performance issue in indicators. We will fix it and push a hotfix soon

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Feb 2020, 11:30

Hi again,

As a temporary workaround, please add the below code snippet to your cBots/Indicators

private MarketSeries _ms;

public new MarketSeries MarketSeries
{
    get
    {
        if (_ms == null)
            _ms = base.MarketSeries;
        return _ms;
    }
}

Best Regards,

Panagiotis