How can i get the Exponential Moving Average to work with a different time frame in a cbot?

Created at 08 Jan 2020, 20:52
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
YE

yeril123@hotmail.com

Joined 06.10.2016

How can i get the Exponential Moving Average to work with a different time frame in a cbot?
08 Jan 2020, 20:52

So i m trying to use 4 exponential moving average in a different time frame for example using the 1m time frame in 1h
 this is how i declare the TimeFrameEMA.

[Parameter("Time Frame 4 EMA", DefaultValue = "Hour")]
 public TimeFrame TimeFrameEMA { get; set; }

I was looking how people make the indicator get another time frame and they do it like this but why do i get that error?

@yeril123@hotmail.com
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Jan 2020, 08:32

Hi there,

As the message says, you are using more parameters than needed. You should be using only two e.g. EMA1_Series.Close. What is SourceSeries?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

yeril123@hotmail.com
09 Jan 2020, 22:01

RE: You are right

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi there,

As the message says, you are using more parameters than needed. You should be using only two e.g. EMA1_Series.Close. What is SourceSeries?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

The SourceSerires was a DataSeries type, i put it there because i thought it needed it but it looks like it doesnt need that, thanks you very very much!! i am learning c# and i am still trying to learn how it works in ctrader, do you mind if i ask you if there is a place where i can learn the ctrader API or is just in the guides? and thanks a lot!

@yeril123@hotmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Jan 2020, 09:07

Hi there,

You can check the API Reference as well. For whatever is missing, feel free to ask here!

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous