Unknow error

Created at 24 Dec 2019, 11:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CY

cysecsbin.01

Joined 10.11.2018 Blocked

Unknow error
24 Dec 2019, 11:57

I recently had this error:

24/12/2019 10:53:50.951 | cBot crashed: Error #16302763

What kind of error is this? is it possible to have a description?

Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Dec 2019, 11:22

Hi cysecsbin.01,

Can you provide us with more information to reproduce this problem i.e. cBot code, backtesting parameters and broker?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

mpistorius
30 Dec 2019, 03:54

RE:

cysecsbin.01 said:

I recently had this error:

24/12/2019 10:53:50.951 | cBot crashed: Error #16302763

What kind of error is this? is it possible to have a description?

Are you using the Ichimoku system?  I think I saw the same kind of non-descript error when I was debugging in 3.7.  See 

@mpistorius

cysecsbin.01
30 Dec 2019, 19:40

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi cysecsbin.01,

Can you provide us with more information to reproduce this problem i.e. cBot code, backtesting parameters and broker?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Good evening,

I should try to replicate the error with a different code than that i'm using now since it is part of a private project, i will try to do it in the following days.

Anyway, i have to start a managed portfolio soon, and it is quite imperative for me and my clients to do so. isn't it possible to get a general description of the error so that i can have an idea of what it is about? i know ctrader's api's methods are not thread-safe, could it be related to some kind of concurrent access problem? The bot that is causing the error loads up to 10 marketseries at a time, could it be related to the data's quantity?

Any help would be appreciated

-C

ClickAlgo
31 Dec 2019, 00:06

Hi, C,

You just need to debug with visual studio and step through the code, you will find where the problem is easy enough. Even though cTrader has a single UI thread you should be able to use parallel programming to accomplish the task of calling the API concurrently to get the data you need, but there may be limitations with the architecture being used that could be causing your problem.

It may also be an idea to use the performance profiler to see how long the tasks are running and how much memory it is using.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/profiling/running-profiling-tools-with-or-without-the-debugger?view=vs-2019

You could create a simple test-harness to make 10 calls to the API for the marketseries data, good luck with resolving this :-)

@ClickAlgo

cysecsbin.01
06 Jan 2020, 11:17

RE:

ClickAlgo said:

Hi, C,

You just need to debug with visual studio and step through the code, you will find where the problem is easy enough. Even though cTrader has a single UI thread you should be able to use parallel programming to accomplish the task of calling the API concurrently to get the data you need, but there may be limitations with the architecture being used that could be causing your problem.

It may also be an idea to use the performance profiler to see how long the tasks are running and how much memory it is using.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/profiling/running-profiling-tools-with-or-without-the-debugger?view=vs-2019

You could create a simple test-harness to make 10 calls to the API for the marketseries data, good luck with resolving this :-)

Hi Paul, thanks for your help, i will proceed to implement your idea and monitor the thread one by one during excecution.

Have a nice day and a happy new year

-C

ClickAlgo
06 Jan 2020, 19:01

RE: RE:

Happy new year to you too :-)

@ClickAlgo