Excel Date format in exported History

Created at 23 Nov 2019, 22:58
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AI

Aiki1000

Joined 22.07.2019

Excel Date format in exported History
23 Nov 2019, 22:58

Hello - Can someone please explain this, please?

When exporting from cTrader history to excel, the date formats:

A — Change (seemingly randomly) from:

6/1/2016  6:53:00 PM to 25/02/2016 19:25

And in fact, in some cases, even though the underlying cell IS as formatted above, some cells will actually appear/view/show (in the cell itself) as:

10/8/16 11:01

B — The date data is exported in General format.

I'd like to be able to use this data for analysis in combination with other data. In the format it is exported, it will not SORT on its own (it DOES comes out pre-sorted, but please see below), and therefore, will not sort with any other excel data, even if the other data is hand entered in the same DMY format.

I have tried Text to Column in excel and formatting as DMY, as well as a few other things, and nothing seems to be able to make the exported cTrader excel data behave the way dates should sort in excel.

(That is, other than the way it initially comes out: it IS in order as exported - but if one tries to use and sort this data with other excel data, it will not sort.)

Hope I'm making it clear, sorry, it is a bit weird, and don't understand why cTrader would not export dates as dates, in a consistent format, so as to be easily sortable, especially with other excel data.

I am probably missing something — if someone can explain my error, I would really appreciate it. Thx!

@Aiki1000