Technical Error

Created at 17 Nov 2019, 13:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RY

ryanoia@gmail.com

Joined 09.03.2018

Technical Error
17 Nov 2019, 13:57

Hello all.

I'm using a bot on a demo account on 28 pairs comprising of the following currencies: USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, AUD, NZD, CHF and JPY.

After running it for 3 weeks, the bot seems to work as expected on all pairs except those containing JPY currencies e.g., GBPJPY, CADJPY, AUDJPY, USDJPY, NZDJPY, CHFJPY and EURJPY. When I looked at the log of a JPY pair, I see the error "TechnicalError" which is illustrated below:

However, when I tried backtesting the bot on JPY pairs, it works well as if there are no issues whatsoever.

Here is the part of the code which executes market orders and places stop orders:

ExecuteMarketRangeOrder(TradeType.Buy, SymbolName, 1000, 3, Symbol.Ask, "Label", 100, 10);
ExecuteMarketRangeOrder(TradeType.Sell, SymbolName, 1000, 3, Symbol.Bid, "Label", 100, 10);                    

What is the matter with JPY pairs?

@ryanoia@gmail.com
Replies

ryanoia@gmail.com
17 Nov 2019, 14:04 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Technical Error on JPY pairs - Relative stop loss has invalid precision

Ok, I checked the journal and saw this:

Says here that the order was rejected with error "Relative stop loss has invalid precision."

What's the solution to this?

@ryanoia@gmail.com

ryanoia@gmail.com
17 Nov 2019, 14:06

Seems like the post here solves it - https://ctrader.com/forum/cbot-support/16300

@ryanoia@gmail.com