Disable Platform Software Auto Update

Created at 10 Oct 2019, 08:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RA

RayAdam

Joined 02.06.2019

Disable Platform Software Auto Update
10 Oct 2019, 08:13

Hi Support,

Is there an option to disable CTrader Software Auto update feature so that the bots developed and tested on certain version keeps running without any issue arrises from platform updates?

Thanks in advance

Keep up the good work & prompt support

@RayAdam
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Oct 2019, 08:45

Hi RayAdam,

There is no option to disable updates for cTrader. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Elon.Musk
17 May 2024, 20:02

RE: Disable Platform Software Auto Update

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi RayAdam,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

hi Panagiotis, 

there should be a feature to block update. this is a platform we use to trade money and we can't risk our trades with new versions specially when they still have problems. there should be an update acknowlegment.. now i am not able to handle my Algos properly with very slow optimizations and optimization status not appearing on the left screen as before .. I am using a Dell R720 server with dual processors total 56 cores and 256 RAM yet the optimization is extremly slow compared to previous version ! 

@Elon.Musk

fahim36912
17 May 2024, 22:44

RE: RE: Disable Platform Software Auto Update

ctid6168533 said: 

Hi RayAdam,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

hi Panagiotis, 

there should be a feature to block update. this is a platform we use to trade money and we can't risk our trades with new versions specially when they still have problems. there should be an update acknowlegment.. now i am not able to handle my Algos properly with very slow optimizations and optimization status not appearing on the left screen as before .. I am using a Dell R720 server with dual processors total 56 cores and 256 RAM yet the optimization is extremly slow compared to previous version ! 

Wake me up when they've solved the backtesting times. The devs can mess with the layouts all they want but just let me have my quick backtesting times back I can't afford only being able to run through 1 day of data in over 1 hour when before I could go through an entire month in that time. 

@fahim36912

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 May 2024, 06:42

RE: RE: Disable Platform Software Auto Update

ctid6168533 said: 

Hi RayAdam,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

hi Panagiotis, 

Hi there,

If you don't want to use the update, you can use your broker's version which has not been updated yet.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous