Bug in range bars cbots

Created at 03 Oct 2019, 00:43
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FA

fathi.tarik91@gmail.com

Joined 03.10.2019

Bug in range bars cbots
03 Oct 2019, 00:43

Hi,

I trade cbots with range bars. Some times when I check ctrader i find that the bots have stoped working and the correponding charts are blank.

Sometimes it crashes if you open many charts at once using range bars, some of the charts stay good and the others become empty (no bars, no big/ask price, nothing). It happen mostly after disconnection/connexion to the server.

I also noticed that range bars impact CPU and RAM way more than normal timeframes, especially for trading bots. 

I hope you fix this in the next realease.

thank you.

@fathi.tarik91@gmail.com
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Oct 2019, 08:21

Hi fathi.tarik91@gmail.com,

Thanks for posting in our forum. We would appreciate if you could send us troubleshooting information the next time this happens. It would be helpful to determine the cause of the issue. To do so, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T, paste a link to this discussion into the textbot that will show up and press Submit. Then, please also paste some screenshots of this behavior in this thread. It will help us visualise what you are looking at.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

fathi.tarik91@gmail.com
03 Oct 2019, 21:09 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

empty range bar charts

Hi, I've sent you the link via the troubleshooting dialog. You can see a screenchot below. Some charts stay empty after a disconnection/Connection. 

The same happens for cbot, for example i have 20 instances that run in the same account (one instance for each instrument), I run the cbot on a vps, and when i check the next day i find that no trade has opened and the charts are blank. 

@fathi.tarik91@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Oct 2019, 11:36

Hi fathi.tarik91@gmail.com,

Thanks for the additional information.  This will be fixed soon in an upcoming update.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous