Can a cBot instance instruct another cBot instance?

Created at 30 Jun 2019, 07:31
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EO

eofe

Joined 18.06.2019

Can a cBot instance instruct another cBot instance?
30 Jun 2019, 07:31

As the title suggest, is it possible for different cBot instances communicate with each other? Either on same broker or different broker platform.

@eofe
Replies

ClickAlgo
01 Jul 2019, 12:41

Hi, efxps,

As far as I am aware this is not possible with the cTrader API, but there are workarounds especially if you wish to communicate between platforms or even remote machines on another planet, you have the quick and dirty reading and writing to file objects on a machine to more robust patterns like publish-subscribe.

So, there is a way to do almost anything, it's down to your imagination, your skill-set and what is possible with the technology currently available.

If you need a little guidance just drop me an email.

Paul Hayes
Sales & Marketing
Emailcontact@clickalgo.com
Phone: (44) 203 289 6573
Websitehttps://clickalgo.com

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest | LinkedIn

@ClickAlgo

eofe
01 Jul 2019, 15:18

Thanks again for your answer Paul. I have tried the quick and dirty way using file system but I wanted to explore if it can be done in a faster and more effcient manner via the system ram level. Will check out the publish and subscribe method you shared.

@eofe