Download Historical Data For Backtesting

Created at 22 Dec 2013, 03:23
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CO

cogs

Joined 02.10.2013

Download Historical Data For Backtesting
22 Dec 2013, 03:23

Does anyone know where I can download M1 historical data in a format suitable for use in CAlgo?

All formats I have seen vary in one way or another.

I am getting very inconsistent back test results back to back when using server data on weekends, even when spread is set to fixed. I never realised before but if I disconnect the internet I cannot backtest with CAlgo.

Results need to be repeatable or are otherwise useless.

@cogs
Replies

cogs
23 Dec 2013, 07:51

RE:

cogs said:

Does anyone know where I can download M1 historical data in a format suitable for use in CAlgo?

All formats I have seen vary in one way or another.

I am getting very inconsistent back test results back to back when using server data on weekends, even when spread is set to fixed. I never realised before but if I disconnect the internet I cannot backtest with CAlgo.

Results need to be repeatable or are otherwise useless.

I have found it's easiest to just use forex tester to import my metatrader data and export it to a .csv files, but am still left with the problem of converting time and date to the correct format.

Any ideas?

@cogs

SwapBridgeCapital
01 Feb 2015, 15:57

is dukascopy data in the right format for cAlgo, Their data is free and you download M1 or tick. 

@SwapBridgeCapital