Existing cAlgo stopped working after installing a new cAlgo obtained from thinkforex.com

Created at 03 Dec 2013, 13:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AN

anders

Joined 08.11.2013

Existing cAlgo stopped working after installing a new cAlgo obtained from thinkforex.com
03 Dec 2013, 13:19

cAlgo from ThinkForex gives 100% loading and does not work!
Uninstall from cAlgo Thinkforeks.
But uninstall / installation tsalgo from another broker does nothing! Everything hangs!

What to do?

@anders
Replies

Spotware
03 Dec 2013, 16:56

Could you explain in details what does it mean "Everything hangs", what exactly do you see? Could you send us a screenshot of your screen at this moment and send it to engage@spotware.com

Also, try to send trouble-shouting information: when cAlgo is loaded pres Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T.

Another question: Are you able to run cTrader or it also hangs?

May be something is wrong with your settings or caches, you can find it in folder C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming and try to remove settings (we recommend to make a backup, not just remove).

@Spotware

anders
04 Dec 2013, 12:32

RE:

Spotware said:

Could you explain in details what does it mean "Everything hangs", what exactly do you see? Could you send us a screenshot of your screen at this moment and send it to engage@spotware.com

Also, try to send trouble-shouting information: when cAlgo is loaded pres Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T.

Another question: Are you able to run cTrader or it also hangs?

May be something is wrong with your settings or caches, you can find it in folder C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming and try to remove settings (we recommend to make a backup, not just remove).

"Everything hangs" - which means: the taskbar does not work, start button does not work, the right mouse button does not work, although it is possible to close the windows working software.

Will explain the steps that I did:
1 Was launched two clients cAlgo other brokers
2 Uploading cTrader from ThinkForex and install it, everything works fine
3 From cTrader Thinkforeks downloading and installing sAlgo
4 CAlgo displays the initial screen with account and password, click OK, and "Everything hangs" 
5 Press Reset on the computer...

6 Uninstall cAlgo ThinkForex
7 Launch worked normally before  cAlgo
8 "Everything hangs", restart the computer again, and launch Task Manager
9 Again, start working normally before cAlgo 
10 Task Manager shows 100% CPU usage cAlgo 

In the end, I took another computer and installed cAlgo in turn starting with cAlgo ThinkForex, and after the installation stopped.

Everything worked

Sorry for my English.

@anders

Spotware
04 Dec 2013, 16:00

Have you tried to remove cAlgo settings and caches? You can also try to remove content of c:\Users\kofman\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\ folder, that contains all sources and compiled binaries (better not to remove, but just rename move this folder to different place).

@Spotware

anders
04 Dec 2013, 16:54

After removing settings and cache сAlgo initial window appears and that's it ends, loads the CPU by 50%, but it gives work to other applications.
But after renaming Sources everything worked

Though I have had only one client calgo worked fine before

I uninstalled the rest

@anders

ErikD
04 Dec 2013, 19:24

For me the solution was to re install cAlgo+trader aswell as the whole indicator map

@ErikD

Spotware
05 Dec 2013, 11:23

RE:

anders said:

After removing settings and cache сAlgo initial window appears and that's it ends, loads the CPU by 50%, but it gives work to other applications.
But after renaming Sources everything worked

Though I have had only one client calgo worked fine before

I uninstalled the rest

So most probably, one of your indicators caused the problem. If you send us the contents of this folder, we can investigate the real reason of the issue to prevent it in the future.

@Spotware

anders
05 Dec 2013, 12:11

All indicators are taken from /algos/indicators

I did not modify the indicators

On which email to send ?

Enumerate a keepsake... apart from the standard and samples are indicators were still pivotpoints, envelope, smi, docs, dinapolistochastits, hull, karubberbands

@anders

Spotware
05 Dec 2013, 12:54

Please send it to engage@spotware.com

@Spotware

GeoFinex
23 Jun 2016, 20:34

RE:

cAlgo not working

Hi i am facing the same problem, my existing cAlgo as well as cTrader stopped working.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but a message displays "cannot install application contact support"

Please let me know how can i fix this issue.

I already sent the error file to the said email.

Regards

@GeoFinex

ChasBrownTH
22 Jan 2017, 21:45

RE: RE:

GeoFinex said:

cAlgo not working

Hi i am facing the same problem, my existing cAlgo as well as cTrader stopped working.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but a message displays "cannot install application contact support"

Please let me know how can i fix this issue. I already sent the error file to the said email. Regards

I had a similar problem, cAlgo loaded but did not display a window. cTrader loaded, but did not let me add any charts.

Alt-Ctrl-Shift-T did nothing at all in cAlgo .. I tried various levels of renaming and deleting, which didn't help.

As a last resort I deleted everything in /Documents and /AppData/Roaming -> THAT WORKED !!

I copied back my BOTs and everything is fine now, but I have no idea what went wrong of if it will recur ?

This all happend when I was trading LIVE, with REAL MONEY .. it was very scary!

Luckily I keep a couple of backup PC's running, plus a pair of VPS, so I was able to shut down my trades.

I LIKE cAlgo, but sometimes it is 'Out For Lunch' for no obvious reason ? Also all my instances disconnect several times a week, with no pattern I can see.

Maybe there are answers? Maybe this description helps some other User?

@ChasBrownTH