Maximum number of instances in a robot

Created at 06 Nov 2013, 19:16
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RK

rkokerti

Joined 28.06.2012

Maximum number of instances in a robot
06 Nov 2013, 19:16

Dear cAlgo Developers!

I was happy when I saw the "Multi Symbol" is available in cAlgo. I wrote 7 Indicator and 1 Robot, that use the logic of Currency-Index.

It's cummulate the close price of the main currency pairs (AUD/USD, EUR/AUD, GBP/AUD, AUD/JPY, etc...)

With this, much easier to define the main direction of AUD. Based on this logic, I wrote the codes for all main currencies. (USD, EUR, JPY, GBP, etc...). So far everything is OK. 

But! When I try to use my robot, I was not happy! Because 1 robot with 21 instances it seems too much for cAlgo! Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.   

I know that, You work a lot to optimize the software, but....

(I have 4 GB RAM, 80/20 Internet connection, and an Intel Core i5 proc.) It is not enough? 

Apart from that I'm very satisfied with cAlgo!

So, my question... What is the maximum number of instances that I can add to a robot which will certainly still work?

Thanks in advance!

@rkokerti
Replies

Spotware
07 Nov 2013, 17:40

Can you please tell us what exactly happens? 

@Spotware

rkokerti
07 Nov 2013, 18:47 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Of course! This was happend:

cAlgo not respond....13 minutes after the appearance of new candle, I got bored and I turned off cAlgo.

This program crash is occurs in 50%. So 5 times working perfectly and 5 times crashed out of 10 cases.

Please investigate it.

Thanks in advance!

@rkokerti

Kate
07 Nov 2013, 22:59

Btw, you can switch those multiple notification popups off. May be it can help :)

@Kate

Spotware
08 Nov 2013, 11:36

One more question: Do you use separate threads or timers in your robots in indicators?

@Spotware

rkokerti
08 Nov 2013, 12:46 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Can you please explain what means "separate threads or timers"? 

Last night the robot worked perfectly, but a few minutes ago it crashed again... (however I switched off the notifications :-) )

Please help!!!

@rkokerti

algoforce
08 Nov 2013, 20:17

I'm running a VM - only 1 of 4 cores with 2gb ram - 2 broker platforms with 25+  instances running on each platform. Your PC isn't the issue.  

Are you using onBar /Tick for data collection? check your cpu usage when you deploy your bots!

@algoforce

Spotware
21 Nov 2013, 10:20

RE:

rkokerti said:

Can you please explain what means "separate threads or timers"? 

Last night the robot worked perfectly, but a few minutes ago it crashed again... (however I switched off the notifications :-) )

Please help!!!

The problem is fixed in last release. Please notify us if you face similar problems in future.

Thank you for your reports.

@Spotware

rkokerti
22 Nov 2013, 01:00

Nowadays there is no error.

Thanks for your help!

@rkokerti