Using older version of cTrader

Created at 16 Jun 2019, 05:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lec0456

Joined 14.11.2012

Using older version of cTrader
16 Jun 2019, 05:35

One of the Brokers updated the cTrader to verion 3.5 but i am getting descrepancies between draw downs.  I would like to run the 3.3 version on with Fibo Group. Is there a way to run the older version?

@lec0456
Replies

firemyst
17 Jun 2019, 07:01

Writing and subscribing as I'd like to know as well because as it stands, there are several key differences between 3.3 & 3.5 that I find makes version 3.5 less user friendly, especially in the realm of configuring bots.

Even though I've provided feedback, I haven't seen any of my suggestions implemented yet with each beta update, nor sure if they will be.

@firemyst

lec0456
17 Jun 2019, 08:00

They are usually responsive. I want to use the older version while they get a bug fixed regarding calculating the draw downs.  The other issues I noticed were the log date while backtesting was showing today's date intermitently, the date label on the baktesting chart disppeared when using crosshair tool and when modifying positions it is checking the values and generating technical errors where as before it was ignoring them, so we need some edscriptions.

Other than that I like the new interface, I saw a good idea to have a pushpin instead of a sproket for the Bot parameters so you can pin them open or not. 

Nothing major so far than i know of.

But I am in the middle of backtesting and my numbers are off between brokers because they are on different versions

@lec0456

firemyst
17 Jun 2019, 08:19

RE:

lec0456 said:

Other than that I like the new interface, I saw a good idea to have a pushpin instead of a sproket for the Bot parameters so you can pin them open or not. 

Thank you - that was one of my suggestions. :-)

The other one related to bots was to add a "+" next to a paramter group so we can expand/collapse particular groups as needed.

Anyway, hopefully Spotware will keep us updated here with your issue.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Jun 2019, 12:35

Hi lec0456,

There is no way to use older versions at the moment. The issue with the non persistent cBot parameters has been forwarded to the team and they possible solutions are under consideration.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous