Historical Data?

Created at 07 Oct 2013, 13:50
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JO

jobenb

Joined 07.10.2013

Historical Data?
07 Oct 2013, 13:50

Guys

Here is a problem. BIG problem and complete oversight!

Firstly - Thank you.

1. Great platform with a lot of potential.

2. At last a MetaTrader competitor. (Maybe not a MT4 competitor yet due to this oversight)

3. C# as a development language.

4. Great looking UI.

Unfortunately you guys forgot some of the most important things to become a real platform.

1. There is no way of importing your own historical data set. Huh? Why not!? 2.5 years of data is nowhere near what would be considered enough to be statistically significant. I have my own data. I want to import it. Serious flaw and lack of possibility of cAlgo!

2. I cannot access Support and Resistance lines drawn on charts in my code! I cannot access chart objects that I place on the chart in my code!? Why not?

3. I cannot save my chart settings separately to a file that I can pickup in another cTrader. This is last on my list and a nice to have after you have implemented no 1 & 2. ;-)

Think about it. The only reason traders still prefer MetaTrader 4 over MetaTrader 5 is because of the fact that you could add your own data and have flexibility on testing your algorithms.

If you want to be considered by the professionals then give the right tools!

Thank you. I hope we will get there sooner rather than later. :-)

@jobenb
Replies

Spotware
08 Oct 2013, 09:30

RE:

Thank you for feedback!

1. There is no way of importing your own historical data set. Huh? Why not!? 2.5 years of data is nowhere near what would be considered enough to be statistically significant. I have my own data. I want to import it. Serious flaw and lack of possibility of cAlgo!

This is true. We are going to provide n ability to use data from external sources.

2. I cannot access Support and Resistance lines drawn on charts in my code! I cannot access chart objects that I place on the chart in my code!? Why not?

We'll have this in mind.

3. I cannot save my chart settings separately to a file that I can pickup in another cTrader. This is last on my list and a nice to have after you have implemented no 1 & 2. ;-)

You can use chart templates for this. Saved templates are stored in Documents\cTrader\Templates folder so you can copy it to any other pc and use the same settings.

@Spotware

jobenb
08 Oct 2013, 13:17

RE: RE:

Spotware said:

Thank you for feedback!

This is true. We are going to provide n ability to use data from external sources.

We'll have this in mind.

You can use chart templates for this. Saved templates are stored in Documents\cTrader\Templates folder so you can copy it to any other pc and use the same settings.

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Well done on a great platform so far. Just a few things that need to be ironed out before it is a perfect alternative to MetaTrader 4. Do you know when this feature to import my own data / external data sources will become available?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Joben

@jobenb

Spotware
02 Dec 2013, 14:18

cAlgo now supports backtesting with data from imported files. See more details here: Backtesting with data from CSV file

@Spotware