Instance Parameter Saving

Created at 02 Oct 2013, 13:14
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

nobulart

Joined 03.09.2013

Instance Parameter Saving
02 Oct 2013, 13:14

I love cAlgo. I think it's a fantastic platform with enormous potential and one equally large drawback. Poor stability. I'm at the point where I'm about to throw cAlgo in the bin and port my work to MQL4.

I'm running it in a Windows 7 virtual host with 4GB of RAM and 4 processor cores, and yet it crashes at least a half a dozen times per day during backtesting. This in itself wouldn't be such a problem if I didn't lose all of my most recent instance parameter settings every time. I understand that cAlgo saves parameter settings on exit, but this is of no use in a crash situation.

Is there any way to manually save instance parameters manually and, if not, could we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE see this feature introduced? As a programmer I understand that this would be an extremely simple thing to implement. The code is already in there (because it does this when closing cAlgo). All we need is a menu item or a button which calls the same routine when clicked.

@nobulart
Replies

Spotware
11 Nov 2013, 15:46

Saving parameters on robot start is implemented.  Please check new version of Spotware cAlgo (1.12).

@Spotware