Very basic question.

Created at 11 Feb 2019, 18:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MZ

MZen

Joined 29.12.2014

Very basic question.
11 Feb 2019, 18:35

Hello,

I am puzzled. I was away from CTrader and CAlgo for a while. I got back to CTrader after recent email from CTrader team about API 2.0

In my understanding  CAlgo from the beginning was designed like MT4/MT5 with possibility to program indicators and CBots within CTrader. Now, almost half of API reference is about authorization.

I am kind of lost. Where do we need authorization? Are we talking about third party applications separated from CTrader? Or, we still have CBotrs and indicatoirs as part of CTrader application? Or both?

Guys from Ctrader could you be more clear?

@MZen
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Feb 2019, 09:24

Hi MZen,

You are probably confusing Open API with  cTrader Automate (formely known as cAlgo) API. These two are separate products. Open API is allows traders to develop applications without the need of a host GUI application.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

MZen
12 Feb 2019, 19:39

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi MZen,

You are probably confusing Open API with  cTrader Automate (formely known as cAlgo) API. These two are separate products. Open API is allows traders to develop applications without the need of a host GUI application.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Indeed, I was confused. So, I use Open API to develop standalone application to run without CTraded (  GUI as you call it) and Automate is for additions to CTrader and run under its umbrella.

One more question. Are  those APIs connected to each other? Obviously, I can not use Automate classes in my own application without CTrader. But, can I use Open API classes in CTrader CBots?

@MZen

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Feb 2019, 10:02

Hi MZen,

Yes you can use Open API in cBots. Open API doesn't have any classes with client side functionality, it is just proto messages that allow you to communicate with the server.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous