cAlgo robots running 24 hrs

Created at 05 Sep 2013, 00:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Capo85

Joined 27.08.2013

cAlgo robots running 24 hrs
05 Sep 2013, 00:18

Is there a way to make the robot auto traders run 24hrs 5 days a week without leaving your computer on and running? Is using a VPS the only answer? If so has anyone used a VPS through their broker and how has that experience been?

Thanks

@Capo85
Replies

hermoso
05 Sep 2013, 07:58

Take a look in aws http://aws.amazon.com/pt/ you can leave a instance running calgo 24h there!

@hermoso

Kate
05 Sep 2013, 10:57

You can easily use VPS to host cAlgo. You just go to any VPS provider you want, it can be providers that offer special VPS for traders or in general any VPS provider. You get access to virtual PC, install cAlgo there and run it. That's all. No broker involvement needed, but sometimes brokers can offer VPS with better conditions. I usually run cAlgo 24/5, and restart/update it on weekends.

cAlgo can be run on VPS with 500mb of memory, but I would recommend to use 1gb. If you need low latency VPS it's better to choose something located in London.

@Kate

hichem
05 Sep 2013, 11:07

I'm running cAlgo 24h/7d on my laptop for 3 months now.

I made the robot send me an email every 30 minuts to notifiy it is still working. I sometimes use TeamViewer to login to my laptop from elsewhere.

No problems. and 0$ spent.

@hichem

gorin
05 Sep 2013, 11:59

RE:

hichem said:

I made the robot send me an email every 30 minuts to notifiy it is still working. I sometimes use TeamViewer to login to my laptop from elsewhere.

You don't get the updates? cAlgo needs to restart when there are updates. 

@gorin

hichem
05 Sep 2013, 12:01

RE: RE:

Sure I restart it manually when there is no relevant activity normally at midnight. (UTC+2)

gorin said:

hichem said:

You don't get the updates? cAlgo needs to restart when there are updates. 

@hichem

Capo85
06 Sep 2013, 22:16

This post has been removed by the moderator due to a violation of the EULA.

@Capo85

kricka
07 Sep 2013, 23:00

@kricka

Capo85
08 Sep 2013, 07:10

@Capo85

kricka
13 Sep 2013, 02:13

Hi,

It seems the moment one mention a broker on the forum you'll get removed by the moderator! It would be nice if a thread with rules is started by the moderator regarding what is permitted by members and what is not, would be a great help for members posting.

Thanks..

@kricka

cAlgo_Fanatic
13 Sep 2013, 10:32

RE:

kricka said:

Hi,

It seems the moment one mention a broker on the forum you'll get removed by the moderator! It would be nice if a thread with rules is started by the moderator regarding what is permitted by members and what is not, would be a great help for members posting.

Thanks..

Please avoid any broker discussions, they are prohibited on cTDN. 

/legal-notices/

@cAlgo_Fanatic