cant minimize chart window anymore

Created at 04 Nov 2018, 18:51
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TA

tasr1r1

Joined 25.12.2012

cant minimize chart window anymore
04 Nov 2018, 18:51

i notice with the latest ctrader upadate, closing the pop-up chart by pressing 'X' wont restore it into the workspace anymore like before, it will dissapear instead.

this is really troublesome if you mistakenly maximize the chart to pop-up and want to restore it in cascade with other chart.

u will lost all the loaded cbot in the chart. hope it can be rectified. if this is an update, its really not user friendly.

btw deal map cause lag on vps to open new chart.. i suggest newly open chart shall not load all the display option to speed up loading i.e. positions, order, etc. an expert advisor may manage hundres of position in a pair at one time.

@tasr1r1
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Nov 2018, 12:15 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Hi tasr1r1,

There is a special button that allows you to reattach the chart. See below

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tasr1r1
21 Nov 2018, 18:32 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Hi Panagiotis

thanks for your reply.. i will try that button instead of the usual X to minimize it

btw.. is there any consideration on my request to turn have option to off all possible view upon loading a chart?

it really killing my vps when i open new chart to show all the view as below..

@tasr1r1

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Nov 2018, 10:07

Hi tasr1r1,

We will consider your suggestion.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Nov 2018, 10:23

Btw viewing options are saved in chart templates. Therefore you can change your default chart template to one that does not have positions and deal maps enabled. Let me know if this helps.

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tasr1r1
02 Jan 2019, 15:42

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Btw viewing options are saved in chart templates. Therefore you can change your default chart template to one that does not have positions and deal maps enabled. Let me know if this helps.

noted regarding the chart template. however, the default view will always be loaded if opening new chart. this is where the loading will consume all the resources and time consuming.

to me, when im loading new chart for working on new bot.. deal map is not relevant at all

@tasr1r1

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Jan 2019, 17:28

Hi tasr1r1,

New charts are loaded using the template you have set as default. Therefore, if you have disabled deal map from the default template then it should not show the deal map when opening a new chart.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tasr1r1
03 Jan 2019, 15:39

cant seem to overwrite the default template.. and everytime new chart is loaded it will by default use the default template. its really unnecessary resource consuming to load all the viewing options. let traders choose what they want to see by default

@tasr1r1

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Jan 2019, 15:43

Hi tasr1r1,

I cannot reproduce such behavior. Changing default templates works fine for me. Any change you can record a short video for us to see what you are experiencing?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tasr1r1
03 Jan 2019, 15:51

Hi Panagiotis

link of the video is here in this google drive link.. it may still pending processing for viewing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nxEOQZROcnmd9RqxxJc3fmusvoT9ynNL/view?usp=sharing

@tasr1r1

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Jan 2019, 16:26

Hi tasr1r1,

It is not clear from the video what you are doing, since the dropdowns are not visible but you do not seem to save the template after you make the change. For the change to apply you need to save the template first.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tasr1r1
03 Jan 2019, 17:17 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

its seems that the clicked pop up not captured / visible in the video.. i cannot overwrite the default template. new chart will always load that default when opened. u can see about 30th second in the video, it will load the default with all viewing options if i clicked the Default template when in the saving option

@tasr1r1

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Jan 2019, 17:21

Hi tasr1r1,

This is because you have Default Template (Dark) checked. You cannot override this template since it is a built in template. You need to choose a default template (the one with the check box on the side) one of the custom ones. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tasr1r1
03 Jan 2019, 18:59

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi tasr1r1,

This is because you have Default Template (Dark) checked. You cannot override this template since it is a built in template. You need to choose a default template (the one with the check box on the side) one of the custom ones. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

now i understand.. thanks for your kind attention in solving this. the tick did really solved my issues.. 

sorry for the trouble and long thread for such a small problem.

@tasr1r1