What is the current status of all the time changes? I'm lost

Created at 15 Aug 2013, 06:33
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lec0456

Joined 14.11.2012

What is the current status of all the time changes? I'm lost
15 Aug 2013, 06:33

So, right now:

1. if you use Server.Time is in UTC for all brokers, correct?

2. The interface allows you to select an offset, which displays in orange if not set to your local time?

3.The interface where you select an offset shows the word (Server Time) in parenthesis which is what, on all the platforms this seems to be at UTC+3, what is that?  is this a time that is available from the programming interface? 

4. You started using a Time Zone property in  Robots and Indicators?  So if you set the time zone is set in a robot will the indicators used by the robot inherit the setting?

I guess thats all for now  

@lec0456
Replies

cAlgo_Development
15 Aug 2013, 14:13

• In cAlgo (robots / indicators) Server.Time returns UTC time by default.
  • The cT/cA interface allows you to select an offset, which displays in orange if not set to your local time. That's right.
  • The interface where you select an offset shows the word "Server Time" - it is obsolete, in fact it means nothing, just ignore it.
  • Robot's TimeZone is used for all indicators that are created by the robot. This is how it is implemented now.

@cAlgo_Development

lec0456
16 Aug 2013, 10:45

What if, for example the robot time zone is set to W. Europe and the Indicator, the robot uses, is explicitly set to a different time zone.  Will cAlgo ignore the time zone of the indicator?

@lec0456

cAlgo_Development
16 Aug 2013, 11:43

Yes. We understand that you can expect indicator to use its own timezone, but currently indicator timezone will be ignored. Indicator timezone is only applied if you add indicator directly to a chart.

@cAlgo_Development

lec0456
16 Aug 2013, 20:04

I just wanted to be sure of the behavior.  I don't have an opinion on whether inheritance is necessary or not.

One last question on aggregation on the daily chart.  from what time does it aggregate daily data?

@lec0456

Spotware
11 Nov 2013, 15:23

We've implemented new property in both Robot and Indicator classes: TimeZone. Instead of getting timezone from attribute you can use it;

protected override void OnStart()
        {
            Print("RobotTimeZone Setting: {0}", TimeZone);
            Print("RobotTimeZone Name: {0}", TimeZone.DisplayName);
            Print("Offset: {0}", TimeZone.BaseUtcOffset);
            Print("DST: {0}", TimeZone.SupportsDaylightSavingTime);
        }

Moreover, in nested indicators that inherit timezone from robot TimeZone property returns actual inherited timezone.

Please check new release of Spotware cAlgo (1.12).

@Spotware