How to avoid updates?

Created at 18 Oct 2018, 17:05
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

How to avoid updates?
18 Oct 2018, 17:05

Hi I am just asking how to avoid cTrader to update.

Last time I was letting run autonomously and when I came back to see after days it had installed updates and relunched blocking my script causing damages.

Thank you

@augustus.emperor.of.love@gmail.com
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Oct 2018, 17:08

Hi Augustus,

Thanks for posting in our forum. Please note that cTrader does not install updates without your consent. Could it be that the OS restarted instead?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

augustus.emperor.of.love@gmail.com
18 Oct 2018, 17:10

Today it happened again , it said that updates were installed automatically , and cTrader telling me to close and restart.

I setup the system to do not update itself and do not reboot in any case without my allow.

I just would like to avoid updates.

@augustus.emperor.of.love@gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Oct 2018, 17:14

Hi Augustus,

cTrader just prompts you to restart whenever it is more convienient for you. Disabling updates completely is not possible due to the nature of our service.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Elon.Musk
28 May 2024, 15:50

RE: How to avoid updates?

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi Augustus,

cTrader just prompts you to restart whenever it is more convienient for you. Disabling updates completely is not possible due to the nature of our service.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

hi Panagiotis 

I really can't take it with the new Ctrader optimization speed , it is not practical at all and i need to stick to Ctrader 4.x without update until you solve this issue . besides the Ctrader 5.x optimization tabs are really of no use . . I want to stay with Ctrader 4.x interface and performance 

@Elon.Musk

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 May 2024, 05:44

RE: RE: How to avoid updates?

Tarek.ElRaey said: 

Hi Augustus,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

hi Panagiotis 

I really can't take it with the new Ctrader optimization speed , it is not practical at all and i need to stick to Ctrader 4.x without update until you solve this issue . besides the Ctrader 5.x optimization tabs are really of no use . . I want to stay with Ctrader 4.x interface and performance 

Hi Tarek, 

You can still use your broker's application that has not been updated yet.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jim.tollan
03 Jun 2024, 11:27

RE: RE: RE: How to avoid updates?

Tarek.ElRaey said: 

Hi Augustus,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

hi Panagiotis 

Hi Tarek, 

You can still use your broker's application that has not been updated yet.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

I actually did this. I downloaded my ICMarkets version of 4.9.2. Works great for now and will only update once v5 has addressed all the reported issues. thanks for the heads up.

@jim.tollan