How to code Candle and MA crosses

Created at 29 Sep 2018, 21:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TE

tekASH

Joined 29.01.2014

How to code Candle and MA crosses
29 Sep 2018, 21:02

Hello

I would appreciate if you help with codes on these matters:

1. how to properly enter code of Candle closing inside a Moving Average? To be precise, candle crosses MA and closes inside triggering an buy or sell entry.

2. the same about two moving averages. a) one MA touching another MA b) one MA crossing another MA. What code commands should we use.

cheers...

@tekASH
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Oct 2018, 11:14

Ηι tekASH,

the followng methods should be helpful for you

HasCrossedAbove

HasCrossedBelow

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tekASH
03 Oct 2018, 22:00

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Ηι tekASH,

the followng methods should be helpful for you

HasCrossedAbove

HasCrossedBelow

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Thx. Can this also be used for moving averages? One MA crossing another MA?

Also, how about candle closing inside MA , after crossing it.

@tekASH

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Oct 2018, 10:40

Hi tekASH,

Yes it can be used for MA crossing another MA. However I do not understand what do you mean when you say candle closing inside MA. Can explain a bit more what do you consider to be inside an MA, maybe with a screenshot?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tekASH
04 Oct 2018, 11:57 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Like this.

Hi tekASH,

Yes it can be used for MA crossing another MA. However I do not understand what do you mean when you say candle closing inside MA. Can explain a bit more what do you consider to be inside an MA, maybe with a screenshot?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@tekASH

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Oct 2018, 15:19

Hi tekASH,

Thanks for the screenshot but I still do not understand how you define "inside".

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

nordic
07 Oct 2018, 02:58

RE: RE:

tekASH said:

Tekash,

HasCrossedAbove and HasCrossedBelow will return a boolean true or false when it is called by comparing two dataseries, in this case the resulting dataseries from a primary and secondary indicator.  The function will only work with dataseries inputs.

For candles closing either side of an MA (ie, buy when a bull candle closes above and sell when a bear candle closes below), you'd want to build a function that determines the candle colour, determines where the open and close prices are, and executes when the closing price of the last candle is above or below the MA last value.  You'd also probably want to construct it such that it won't continue to open orders once an order is placed.

My advice would be to read up on the API as it's all pretty well documented, and hit up YouTube for all the C# coding how-tos if you're a beginner. There's a wealth of stuff out there to get you going.

@nordic

tekASH
07 Oct 2018, 20:18

RE:

Hi tekASH,

Thanks for the screenshot but I still do not understand how you define "inside".

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

simple..candle crosses a MA, and its closing price line, the body, (not wicks) stays inside that MA not crossing back.

@tekASH

tekASH
07 Oct 2018, 20:20

RE: RE: RE:

nordic said:

tekASH said:

Tekash,

HasCrossedAbove and HasCrossedBelow will return a boolean true or false when it is called by comparing two dataseries, in this case the resulting dataseries from a primary and secondary indicator.  The function will only work with dataseries inputs.

For candles closing either side of an MA (ie, buy when a bull candle closes above and sell when a bear candle closes below), you'd want to build a function that determines the candle colour, determines where the open and close prices are, and executes when the closing price of the last candle is above or below the MA last value.  You'd also probably want to construct it such that it won't continue to open orders once an order is placed.

My advice would be to read up on the API as it's all pretty well documented, and hit up YouTube for all the C# coding how-tos if you're a beginner. There's a wealth of stuff out there to get you going.

What is DataSeries in thi case, I need detailed explanation plz..for instance, sample coe of one MA crossing another MA.

2. if you coul give hint of sample code of you rporpsoeal, Id appreciate.

@tekASH