Backtest does not run after optimization

Created at 25 Aug 2018, 22:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LA

lavio@gigalink.com.br

Joined 11.07.2017

Backtest does not run after optimization
25 Aug 2018, 22:12

Another bug for the collection:

I set W10 into suspended mode this morning and went to lunch, with CTrade running after doing a massive optimization. Up to that time, I was able to "apply" the cbots parameters into the left side to run a backtest nornally.

After lunch, I tried the same, but now the backtest does not run. It says nothing. It does nothing. You click on the right upper side play button in the backtest tab and nothing happens.

This is the second time I describe this kind of bug here. Up to now, no answer.
I repeat: after optimizations, the backtest function STOPS WORKING in the same chart you did the optimization (after it ends, normally or manually). You can open a new instance of the same chart and the backtest will run on this. But then the optimization results cannot be copied using the "apply" button from the other chart instance. This is very annoying and cumbersome when you have a lot of optimizations to check and are left two options: to save into files each one you need to check (a lot of them) or to copy each parameter manually ... for each optimization (not very efficient).

Lavio

@lavio@gigalink.com.br
Replies

lavio@gigalink.com.br
25 Aug 2018, 22:14

RE:

lavio@gigalink.com.br said:

I set W10 into suspended mode this morning and went to lunch, with CTrade running after doing a massive optimization. Up to that time, I was able to "apply" the cbots parameters into the left side to run a backtest nornally.

After lunch, I tried the same, but now the backtest does not run. It says nothing. It does nothing. You click on the right upper side play button in the backtest tab and nothing happens.

I repeat: after optimizations, the backtest function STOPS WORKING in the same chart you did the optimization (after it ends, normally or manually). You can open a new instance of the same chart and the backtest will run on this. But then the optimization results cannot be copied using the "apply" button from the other chart instance. This is very annoying and cumbersome when you have a lot of optimizations to check and are left two options: to save into files each one you need to check (a lot of them) or to copy each parameter manually ... for each optimization (not very efficient).

Lavio

Ah, by the way, I forgot to mention: this bug started to happen with the version 3, the "integrated".

@lavio@gigalink.com.br

sifneos4fx
26 Aug 2018, 08:23

RE: RE:

Same here, quick fix: Rebuild your Bot (ctrl+b), you will then be able to run backtest.

Hey Lavio, stop crying like a baby ;)

Lavio

Ah, by the way, I forgot to mention: this bug started to happen with the version 3, the "integrated".

@sifneos4fx

lavio@gigalink.com.br
26 Aug 2018, 22:36

RE: RE: RE:

patrick.sifneos@gmail.com said:

Same here, quick fix: Rebuild your Bot (ctrl+b), you will then be able to run backtest.

Lavio

Yes, of course. It is very nornal to need to rebuild the cbot everytime I want to run a backtest. Very normal.

And by the way, this "clever solution" DOES NOT work every time.

I am helping Spotware if you did not notice.
Indeed, I can tell you more you do not know. It is not the backtest that does not work. It is the APPLY button. Because if you save the optimization and Loads it, then the backtest works.
But again, it is a very normal solution for you, isn't it?

If I was Spotware, I would pay more attention to these details and THANK very much those babies who lose their time trying to help them to make a better piece of software.

Lavio

Lavio

@lavio@gigalink.com.br

sifneos4fx
27 Aug 2018, 08:21

RE: RE: RE: RE:

Dude, there is no perfect software out there! 

Think about dude, if you are blaming Spotware on every single post, do you then believe that your issues will be  solved faster? ;)

Happy coding mate...

Lavio

Yes, of course. It is very nornal to need to rebuild the cbot everytime I want to run a backtest. Very normal.

And by the way, this "clever solution" DOES NOT work every time.

I am helping Spotware if you did not notice.
Indeed, I can tell you more you do not know. It is not the backtest that does not work. It is the APPLY button. Because if you save the optimization and Loads it, then the backtest works.
But again, it is a very normal solution for you, isn't it?

If I was Spotware, I would pay more attention to these details and THANK very much those babies who lose their time trying to help them to make a better piece of software.

Lavio

Lavio

@sifneos4fx

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Aug 2018, 10:43

Hi all,

The issue has been reproduced internally and will be fixed in an update.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lavio@gigalink.com.br
27 Aug 2018, 21:40

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

Dude, there is no perfect software out there! 

Think about dude, if you are blaming Spotware on every single post, do you then believe that your issues will be  solved faster? ;)

Happy coding mate...

Yes, some are easy to check and fast to solve. I am pretty sure about. I know that. Usually, the most difficult part is to reproduce the issue. But some I have mentioned are very common to happen if you use the application.

Also, notice that what I really blame Sportware was the integration of cAlgo and cTrader into one application. I think this was a terrible mistake.
After this, there are bugs or performance issues popping up every day and some are actually heavy ones to those who use cTrader for optimizations a lot.

Lavio

@lavio@gigalink.com.br

ap11
11 Sep 2018, 17:49

Hi Lavio,

The problem with backtesting start after optimization run was resolved in the latest update for Public Beta (version 3.2)

Kind Regards,
Andrey

@ap11

lavio@gigalink.com.br
14 Sep 2018, 21:47

RE:

Andrey Pisarev said:

Hi Lavio,

The problem with backtesting start after optimization run was resolved in the latest update for Public Beta (version 3.2)

Kind Regards,
Andrey

Hi Andrey,

That's great.

And I ask you, PLEASE..., to add to the same version update, the editor settings, so one can DISABLE the autoformatting, which is very bad.

Also, notice that in the editor auto formatting, there is a ugly bug when using /*  comments */ and alsp // remarks. They get in very wrong positions.
It is a simple error very easy to see and reproduce.

Thanks, Lavio

@lavio@gigalink.com.br

lavio@gigalink.com.br
14 Sep 2018, 21:56

RE: RE:

And I ask you, PLEASE..., to add to the same version update, the editor settings, so one can DISABLE the autoformatting, which is very bad.

Also, notice that in the editor auto formatting, there is a ugly bug when using /*  comments */ and alsp // remarks. They get in very wrong positions.
It is a simple error very easy to see and reproduce.

Thanks, Lavio

Ok! I have just updated to the 3.02 version and the autoformatting option now is there. Thank you very much.

Lavio

@lavio@gigalink.com.br

... Deleted by UFO ...