Version 3

Created at 20 Jul 2018, 15:32
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LA

lavio@gigalink.com.br

Joined 11.07.2017

Version 3
20 Jul 2018, 15:32

In version 3, Calgo was integrated with CTrader. Ok... however:

1) Where are the editor settings? The default changes when saving the code format to a fixed one I hate, not very useful for many users. And I cannot change it to unselect the "auto formatting" dumb option.

2) The integrated version of Calgo has a huge problem: the optimization is now MUCH SLOWER (3x to 10x) than when the calgo executable was independent.

It is so slow that I was forced to change from tick backtests and optimizations to the M1 simulation. And this is VERY BAD !!

In fact, EVERYTHING in the "automate" section of the new CTrader 3 is VERY SLOW. Too much slow. Take attention to this guys, because it is tottaly unfeasible to work that way at a point that can force people go to other plataform. I suggest strongly to offer a Calgo independet version to those who work a lot with backtests and optimizations. I think this is a must.

3) After you optimize, the backtest does not run. Try to "apply" one optimization parameters set to the robot and then try a backtest. It does not run. You need to exit the ctrader/calgo program to make it work again on that instance.

4) The "play" buttons for backtesting and optimization does not show when it is working, active, or not. There are times you click on the button, things do not work and you do not know what is going on... you need to click again and again to be sure.

5) And old issue not related top the version 3: I already used Ninja and MT... and they do implement a true optimization algorithm. But CAlgo seems to choose the parameters randomly. Certainly it is NOT an optimization clever algorithm. In general, the optimization process is a VERY WEAK feature that lacks a better implementation in CTrader, specially when you compare it to other plataforms like MT and Ninja.

Thanks, Lavio

@lavio@gigalink.com.br