Indicators question

Created at 30 Jun 2018, 12:58
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

irmscher9

Joined 22.12.2016

Indicators question
30 Jun 2018, 12:58

Hey guys

So let's say I need to stop a bot in order to add/alter something. I usually do this on Saturday-Sunday when the market is inactive. So when I switch the bot back on Sunday evening, here's my bot by the way (it's just an example):

using System;
using System.Linq;
using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Indicators;
using cAlgo.API.Internals;
using cAlgo.Indicators;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Robot(TimeZone = TimeZones.UTC, AccessRights = AccessRights.None)]
    public class NewcBot : Robot
    {

[Parameter("Source")]
        public DataSeries SourceSeries { get; set; }

public CommodityChannelIndex _cci;

protected override void OnStart()
        {
            _cci = Indicators.CommodityChannelIndex(20);

if (_cci.Result.LastValue > -1000)
            {
                ExecuteMarketOrder(TradeType.Buy, Symbol, 5000, "Buy1", 20, 30);
                Print("Y");
            }
        }
     }
}

So CCI uses 20 periods to calculate its data. I'm trading on 1h chart. Does this mean that it will take 20h after I start the bot again in order to be able to take the decision about Executing a market order?

@irmscher9
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Jul 2018, 10:19

Hi irmscher9,

It means that the indicator will take into consideration the last 20 periods, each time a value is calculated.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

irmscher9
03 Jul 2018, 13:21

What about backtesting.

The above cBot doesn;t open a position in the first 20 periods whereas it's coded that way so it should open a position straight away..

@irmscher9

irmscher9
03 Jul 2018, 18:04

I guess it's because the in backtesting mode the chart is generated from a backtesting start date?

I'm just trying to make sure that if I disable and reenable my bots, then it won't take 20 hours to get back in into the trading (in real time).

@irmscher9