Historic data issue

Created at 28 Jun 2018, 23:01
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Joined 12.10.2015

Historic data issue
28 Jun 2018, 23:01

Good Evening,

I'm trying to backtest a simple Bot with 1 min TimeFrame. 

I choose 01.04.2011 until today... starting the test, it will be interrupted after few days e.g. 05.04.2011... what's going on? The app has loaded all the bars obviously....

Trying some other timeframe shows the same effect, only that the tested period extends some days more, but far away from the selected enddate.

any ideas?

thx
Markus

@5026484
Replies

ctid418503
28 Jun 2018, 23:15

Maybe it crashed?  What does it say in the Log tab?

Or it blew the account?  You'll need to provide a bit more information I think.

@ctid418503

28 Jun 2018, 23:28

it has loaded about 2600 days of 1 Minute bars, but in the roaming cache folder the file size is only 126kb of data, a bit less I guess.
In the log tab I do not find any error or crash info, only the information about the start and end time and the trading events . 

By the way I do the same test with NinjaTrader and it works fine... and I get many thousands of trades. Maybe this could be the reason.

What do you mean "It blew the account?" How could this be? Any synthetical account for backtesting?

mmmhhhh

What else I should show you on information?

@5026484

cicondo
29 Jun 2018, 10:03

RE:

5026484 said: Sorry, 

after sleeping one night and thinking of wahts going on, I finally fixed taht problem, It was a bug in my code, not in cTrader.

Sorry for that :-(

it has loaded about 2600 days of 1 Minute bars, but in the roaming cache folder the file size is only 126kb of data, a bit less I guess.
In the log tab I do not find any error or crash info, only the information about the start and end time and the trading events . 

By the way I do the same test with NinjaTrader and it works fine... and I get many thousands of trades. Maybe this could be the reason.

What do you mean "It blew the account?" How could this be? Any synthetical account for backtesting?

mmmhhhh

What else I should show you on information?

@cicondo