Backtesting accuracy

Created at 03 Jun 2018, 08:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ZE

zedodia

Joined 30.05.2018

Backtesting accuracy
03 Jun 2018, 08:54

Hi all, Ive been doing alot of back testing lately and noticed that backtesting only seems to work upto around 4-6weeks duration. When I run a long time, lets say 12 months, it runs and load the equity chart then when the green loading bar gets around 4-6weeks in the chart no longer updates any further, the green loading bar continues until done, then the chart hasnt moved at all, and the trade stats reflect the chart. when i click down the end of the equity chart to see the date on the trade chart it show around 4-6weeks from the beginning.

anyone  else have this issue?

@zedodia
Replies

julioc1010
03 Jun 2018, 22:03

Yes, i had the same issue. Today, when I tried backtentig, I realized it was limited to 12 months. I am so sad with this. All my analytical work has corrupted.

I didnt see any communication for this limit. 

I dont know if this will be permanently, but I could ask to review this issue because 12 months is not enought to test with period of election for President and more...

@julioc1010

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Jun 2018, 10:38

Hi to both,

Could you please provide us with more information to reproduce your issues? If possible let us know the following

1) Your broker/s

2) The symbol/s

3) Backtesting parameters

4) A cBot that reproduces the problem

5) Screenshots/Videos that demonstrate the problem

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

julioc1010
05 Jun 2018, 04:45

RE:

Hi Mr. Panagiotis.

I used IC Markets and tested with FXPro too. Both with the same behavior. But now its ok. I dont know what happened. The Symbol was EURUSD. Tried with any timeframe. 

Thank you for your attention and concern. If this behavior occur again, I will report again.

Best Regards,

Julio

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi to both,

Could you please provide us with more information to reproduce your issues? If possible let us know the following

1) Your broker/s

2) The symbol/s

3) Backtesting parameters

4) A cBot that reproduces the problem

5) Screenshots/Videos that demonstrate the problem

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@julioc1010

zedodia
05 Jun 2018, 06:07

I’ll say the same thing. It now works. Last night I was able to backtest the same bots and it ran the whole process without stopping. I can not replicate the fault anynore

@zedodia