on refresh, Candles changes and Period Line also shifts.. what is this ??

Created at 29 May 2018, 21:46
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GO

GoldnOil1050

Joined 26.01.2016

on refresh, Candles changes and Period Line also shifts.. what is this ??
29 May 2018, 21:46

On refreshign the JPY Pairs related chart;  the candle shifted.  new candles appeared that were not previously there...?

what is this ?  have attached the NZDJPY Chart Screen shots taken just few seconds apart of refreshing... 

look for the differences yourself.. have highlighted it with markings. I am sure you can find more...

1. Look at the candles on Period 1 and Period 2. they are different ?

2. Candle # 4 is differnt on both the Charts (which are same chart just refreshed.)

3. There is  a gap between candle 5 & 6, but there is no gap after refreshing....

why ?  why ?  

@GoldnOil1050
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 May 2018, 10:58

Hi GoldnOil1050,

Thanks for the screenshots. We will investigate this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ergun
10 Aug 2020, 20:00

RE:

Even this is an old post. I am having similar issue on version 3.7. If i leave a chart open long time my indicator lines change after refresh. My guess is (as a programmer) when new bar came the old bar is drawn with latest local tick. But somehow sometimes we miss some ticks because of connection reliability or something else. So time to time cTrader is refreshing the candles and when this happens if candles change (in my case the close values) indicator lines change with it. If this is the case what is the way to overcome this issue? Also i can not manually refresh the candles of forex pair while a bot is running on it. Is there a work around for this as well?

Best Regards

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi GoldnOil1050,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@ergun

ergun
10 Aug 2020, 20:03

RE: RE:

Maybe we can trigger a programmatic refresh before making the calculations? Is that even possible?

ergun said:

Even this is an old post. I am having similar issue on version 3.7. If i leave a chart open long time my indicator lines change after refresh. My guess is (as a programmer) when new bar came the old bar is drawn with latest local tick. But somehow sometimes we miss some ticks because of connection reliability or something else. So time to time cTrader is refreshing the candles and when this happens if candles change (in my case the close values) indicator lines change with it. If this is the case what is the way to overcome this issue? Also i can not manually refresh the candles of forex pair while a bot is running on it. Is there a work around for this as well?

Best Regards

Hi GoldnOil1050,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@ergun

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Aug 2020, 07:46

Hi ergun,

You need to be more specific with the issue. Can you provide us with the indicator code that will allow us to reproduce this behavior?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ergun
11 Aug 2020, 23:54

RE:

Hi Panagiotis,

Sorry but the indicator is copyrighted :(

I know the answer so you can not help :) :(

Hi ergun,

You need to be more specific with the issue. Can you provide us with the indicator code that will allow us to reproduce this behavior?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@ergun

protraderde
12 Jan 2021, 19:26

RE:

Hi Panagiotis,

I am guessing, my client is loosing some ticks. And drawing tha chart using the data on received ticks. So when a tick is missing, close/open/high/low values can be different than the server side. So when i do a refresh it gets the latest candle/tick data from server and updates the chart.

If this is possible how can i overcome this issue? Is there a way to load latest tick/candle/bar data for the past 10 minutes for example? I can call such method in "onBar" method and keep my indicator up to date

Best

Using: Windows 10, cTrader 3.8 on home network.

@protraderde

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Jan 2021, 08:01

Hi ergun,

Unfortunately it is not possible to refresh the data on the chart through the code.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous