why merge cALGO with cTRADER

Created at 29 May 2018, 12:55
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GO

GoldnOil1050

Joined 26.01.2016

why merge cALGO with cTRADER
29 May 2018, 12:55

I want to be on record that this is the worst decision...    Reason being that we coders could leave our code on cALGO and do backtesting and run our bots on demo, while we could have a look at charts.

Nowadays, Dual Monitor is common among coders and having this cALGO and cTRADER on different screens was such a brilliant idea and a real thing which coders want...

Now, I am stuck with backtesting, running cBOT on demo all in one application.  Tell me, I have a live account.  I want to do a backtest of a cBOT or run it parrallel on a demo account.???   How do it do it in one application...?  With Separate platofrms, I could let the cBOT run on DEMO on cALGO while I was viewsing charts and working on Live Account....

Please reverse this or you will see coders leaving this platform. The coders/developers are the reason for success of any platform and disturbing them will be disastrous for cTRADER.   This was one of the main edge over MT4;  

PLEASE RE-THINK  and restore cALGO separetely !!!!

@GoldnOil1050
Replies

GoldnOil1050
29 May 2018, 13:40

I will invite everyone to comment here and let cTRADER know that this is not at all a good decision.   Make cAlgo separate as it was...!!!!  don't ruin your edge over MT4 !!!

@GoldnOil1050

fxwisdom1@gmail.com
29 May 2018, 18:51

I reckon you should able to install multiple cTrader instances on the PC.

@fxwisdom1@gmail.com