cTrader brokers

Created at 02 May 2018, 15:05
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BE

BernardWells70

Joined 02.05.2018

cTrader brokers
02 May 2018, 15:05

Hi,

Has anyone had any recent experience with the platform? I'm looking into it on demo right now and in terms of functionality it seems quite good, but apparently it's only used by several brokers.. and maybe there's a reason for that?

Please help.

Thanks

@BernardWells70
Replies

Stokes Bay
02 May 2018, 20:25

Hi,

I love the platform and have used MT4 and broker own platforms (saxo,IB,IG - ive done them all by now!!). Im currently with ICMarkets and have used others with no complaints eg Pepperstone. The broker is only relevant in terms of leverage, account currency, type, regulation, etc that you want.

You shouldnt really notice any difference with any broker in terms of trading since its all NDD/ECN ie the broker is not involved with your trade execution.

@Stokes Bay

irmscher9
03 May 2018, 12:32

The platform is relatively new and perhaps the Spotware is not doing super well in terms of promoting their stuff to brokers (I suppose that's how it works).

With that said the platform is great, even though there are few glithces and inconsistencies here and there. But hey, it's just like with every other software and I say my expereince with cAlgo and cTrader was very pleasant so far and well above the average. 

In the current state I'd rate it 7.5/10 with the huge potential for growth. The support is pretty good, I've got like 90% of my qustions answered fairly quickly and most of my ieeues were resolved. 

So it's already a pretty good platform with huge potential for growth. I already like it way more than MT4 and MT5, especially if you are into cAlgo coding. 

As for the broker, I'm backing up the IC Markets, unbelievably good broker, I didn't expect a forex company to be so nice. Super good spreads with cTrader and top-notch support 24/7 via chat box.

Good luck :)

@irmscher9

ctid418503
05 May 2018, 11:56

Hi Bernard,

Yeah I'm using it and find it stable and reliable.  The interface is much more pretty and user friendly (for manual traders), and using C# for algo traders has a lot of benefits.  Admittedly there is a lot more source code available for Metatrader for EAs/bots and indicators (and also EAs you must pay for), but that can be either a good or bad thing.  I program all my stuff from scratch (I like to understand exactly what its doing and not just use someone else's Metatrader (MT4, MQ4/5) code).   

Only a few brokers offer it.  Well that's the 'free' market isn't it?

@ctid418503