I abandon cTrader and cAlgo

Created at 01 May 2018, 23:23
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TI

tinker.this

Joined 22.10.2015

I abandon cTrader and cAlgo
01 May 2018, 23:23

What at first glance looked to be a great platform is nothing more then a unfinished job in my opinion

Spotware develops little cool things for its platform but forgets to fix the most important basic things:

* Charts still can't be plced in the front. Objects block the chart.

* In cAlgo you can't read the value of a line object

* In cAlgo you can't draw a simple rectangle 

* cAlgo lacks many other simple features

These seem little things But lets face it, they must not be so hard to implement and or develop?
The community gave the developers many hints on how to improve the platform.  Spotware  choose not to listen but instead implement functions users didn't ask for. I have been here for a while and now I know they don't care.  You had gold in your hands really, but you turned it into fools gold.

I don't have any numbers to support this, but I bet your company is shrinking

But the good thing for me is there are alternatives, bye....

@tinker.this
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 May 2018, 10:12

Dear tinker.this,

I appreciate the time you spent to write this feedback for us and I am sorry that cTrader does not meet your expectations at the moment. However, I disagree with the statement that we do not listen to you and that we deliver features without use to the traders. We have recently released cTrader 3.0 that was a big milestone for cTrader, incorporating many of users requests. Currently, we are working on version 3.01. One of the major additions that will come with cTrader 3.01 is the addition of a new Charts API that will allow you to work with all the objects available  on the Charts. It will be possible to read and change object properties covering the features you have mentioned in this post.

Regarding cAlgo lacks many other simple featuresI would be happy if you could list them so that we can consider them as well.

I am convinced that cTrader will become your platform of choice again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tinker.this
02 May 2018, 10:22

So what about that chart thing were every object is stacked upon the chart so that you can't see details of the chart anymore. This bug/ feature irritates me the most because it is Such a simple view and many have reported that issue. But stil nothing hence the not listening stands. It so basic when it coms to drawing something on a computer that it is able to be put in layers. The basis is not not fineshed or even fixed while new features are added. Fix it and I will be back to look into it. And yes I was testing the beta.

@tinker.this

ap11
02 May 2018, 16:30 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Dear tinker.this,

Thank you for your feedback!

There is one more thing that will go to version 3.01 that might help with the problem that chart objects are drawn above candles. We added an alpha channel to color settings. Objects could be displayed like this:

Also, we will add an option to draw objects in the background.

Thank you,
Andrey

@ap11

ctid418503
05 May 2018, 12:18

It annoys me that when you select a trade in history and it displays it on the chart, you cant scroll the chart without the trade disappearing.  Will something be done about this?

@ctid418503

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 May 2018, 16:21

RE:

ctid418503 said:

It annoys me that when you select a trade in history and it displays it on the chart, you cant scroll the chart without the trade disappearing.  Will something be done about this?

Dear Trader,

As a matter of proper operation of the forum, please post new subjects in separate threads. Regarding your issue, I cannot reproduce it. I assume that you talk about the deal map however my deals do not disappear when I scroll the chart. Could you please provide exact steps on how to reproduce? A video demonstrating the problem would be very helpful.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Waxy
10 May 2018, 18:56

Hello Panagiotis,

I've done a lot of codes for other traders and I do think a couple features would be nice to have, I think Spotware team has their hands busy and are missing some small details.

• For example, it would be nice to have more flexible parameter types i.e.:
    • Datetime, so the user doesn't have to input a date as a string leading to errors, of course, I can check if the date is being parsed correctly, but the issue here is that it's not practical for the end user.
    • Enum types:
      • Instead of setting parameters like these: "Long = true / Short = false" or type a string "Long/long/Buy/buy" for long and "Sell//sell/Short/short" for short, including just the TradeType as an actual parameter would solve this.
      • Some users also ask for custom types, i.e: "Low Risk/Medium Risk/High Risk" or "Trade Limit Only/Trade Market Only" these type of enum parameters are available on other platforms like MT4 and it would be really useful to have them.
  • Another important feature would be buttons included on the API, I can already do this with Windows Forms, but it would be nice to have a quick feature so the buttons would be included inside the charts.
  • Also, it would be nice to have the objects used drawn on backtesting, sometimes lines and objects are part of the systems and not having them makes it hard to backtest/debug, again this feature is implemented on MT4 already.
  • Same day tick optimization.
  • Step by Step backtesting.

I think some if not all of these features are very important, especially the objects on backtesting and parameter types, would be nice if you could help me push some of these features to be implemented anytime soon.

Xavier R.

@Waxy

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 May 2018, 10:26

Hi Xavier,

See below my comments for your points

1. Support for more input parameter types is in our nearest plans. Including custom enums, DateTime, Symbol, color picker for new Color type and more value types from .Net.

2. Buttons and other controls are currently in progress. You will get this in the near future.

3. The next version of cTrader will have visual backtesting. Chart objects, like lines and shapes, will be drawn on the chart during visual backtesting and at the end of silent backtesting all objects will stay on the chart.

4. Same day data for backtesting and optimization are planned as well.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Waxy
14 May 2018, 05:59

Hello Panagiotis,

Thanks for letting me know about this, hope it gets implemented soon.

Best Regards,

@Waxy

DevCeAlgo
24 Feb 2019, 20:47 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

Andrey Pisarev said:

Hi Andrey,

Please, can you share some code or example on how to draw Objects with alpha as per your pic?

Also, I would appreciate if you could show some codes on drawing objects in the background.

Regards

Ziyad

Dear tinker.this,

Thank you for your feedback!

There is one more thing that will go to version 3.01 that might help with the problem that chart objects are drawn above candles. We added an alpha channel to color settings. Objects could be displayed like this:

Also, we will add an option to draw objects in the background.

Thank you,
Andrey

@DevCeAlgo

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 Feb 2019, 10:22

Hi Ziyad,

Thanks for posting in our forum. See below an example of setting the alpha for a rectangle.

var rectangle = Chart.DrawRectangle("Rectangle", Server.Time.AddHours(-20), Symbol.Bid - 0.01, Server.Time, Symbol.Bid, Color.FromArgb(128, 255, 0, 0));
            rectangle.IsFilled = true;

At the moment, you cannot draw the chart on the background.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

DevCeAlgo
26 Feb 2019, 21:35

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Ziyad,

Thanks for posting in our forum. See below an example of setting the alpha for a rectangle.

var rectangle = Chart.DrawRectangle("Rectangle", Server.Time.AddHours(-20), Symbol.Bid - 0.01, Server.Time, Symbol.Bid, Color.FromArgb(128, 255, 0, 0));
            rectangle.IsFilled = true;

At the moment, you cannot draw the chart on the background.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

Thank you for your reply, well done for the alpha to fill a rectangle, I hope the chart on the background will come soon.

Regards

Ziyad

@DevCeAlgo