ECN's counterparty

Created at 26 Apr 2018, 16:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FU

Futuresmo

Joined 13.09.2013

ECN's counterparty
26 Apr 2018, 16:59

Hi

Is there any way to find out who is the counterpatry of trades executed with CTrader? I assume for ECN acount would be ECN's like Currenex, Integral etc. For some reason most Ctrader brokers choose not to reveal counterparty ECN's. Can you clarify whether this information is available to retail fx trader.

Thanks

@Futuresmo
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Apr 2018, 17:06

Hi Futuresmo,

The answer is no. This information is not available in cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Futuresmo
26 Apr 2018, 17:24

Hi Panagiotis

Thanks for reply. It is odd why brokers choose to execute trades anonymously on ECN's without ability for trader to know their counterparty, does Ctrader platform restricts ECN's available for brokers to execute their client trades?

Out of all Ctrader brokers i came only FXPig provides that some information in this regard. Can FX trader assume that if broker chooses not to reveal counterpaty ECN it is b-book execution on their side?

@Futuresmo

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Apr 2018, 17:34

Hi Futuresmo,

cTrader integrates only with reputable liquidity providers. You can see some of them here https://spotware.com/integrations/

However we cannot comment on each broker's decision on where they will choose to execute their orders. It is better to discuss this issue with each broker separately. 

If you would like my personal opinion, it doesn't really matter who will be the counterparty of your order, as long as the execution is fair, transparent and broker meets his obligations towards you.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Futuresmo
26 Apr 2018, 17:39

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Futuresmo,

cTrader integrates only with reputable liquidity providers. You can see some of them here https://spotware.com/integrations/

However we cannot comment on each broker's decision on where they will choose to execute their orders. It is better to discuss this issue with each broker separately. 

If you would like my personal opinion, it doesn't really matter who will be the counterparty of your order, as long as the execution is fair, transparent and broker meets his obligations towards you.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Thanks for clarification. I agree with last statement, hovewer this is the response i received from one of Ctrader brokers:

"Due to the commercial secrecy policy and agreements we have with our counterparts, <> do not disclose the counterparts it is dealing with"

Why would this information be anonymous to trader?

@Futuresmo

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Apr 2018, 17:49

Hi Futuresmo,

There could be many reasons for this but usually it is because brokers compete mainly on pricing, spreads, liquidity etc. therefore they would like to avoid disclosing the source of acompetitive advantage to others.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Futuresmo
26 Apr 2018, 18:02

In my personal opinion trader has right to know how and where his trades are executed. This goes against ECN's comparing other trading venues in terms of transparency. Is there any chance this feature will be included in future versions of Ctrader?

@Futuresmo