negative ending equity with zero losing trades

Created at 17 Apr 2018, 18:15
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TA

tasr1r1

Joined 25.12.2012

negative ending equity with zero losing trades
17 Apr 2018, 18:15

Im running opmization and notice (few times) that it end up with negative equity (max 100% drawdown) but with zero losing trade. the total number of trades are equal with closed trades. is this due to opened floating trades? because the way I interprate 'number of trades' is including floating and closed trades.. or did i misinterprate the column

@tasr1r1
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Apr 2018, 10:16

Hi tasr1r1,

Winning and Losing Trades columns represent only closed positions. Your backtesting results to negative equity due to open positions with negative P&L.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tasr1r1
18 Apr 2018, 13:29

Hi Panagiotis

Thank you for  your explanation.

Imho, 'Total Trades' should reflect opened and closed position for better analysis so coder can trace which trades i.e. sale or buy which caused the MC.

Hope this can be reflected in the Trade Statistic report in the future.

@tasr1r1

acrigney
16 Feb 2020, 14:40 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE: Chart show -103% but shows only a small ending equity.

This algo again has no loosing trades, a profit and small ending equity but why does the chart show -103%

tasr1r1 said:

Hi Panagiotis

Thank you for  your explanation.

Imho, 'Total Trades' should reflect opened and closed position for better analysis so coder can trace which trades i.e. sale or buy which caused the MC.

Hope this can be reflected in the Trade Statistic report in the future.

@acrigney

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Feb 2020, 09:44

Hi acrigney,

Probably there is an open position in loss that causes this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous