Additional TimeFrame Parameters in Optimization

Created at 23 Mar 2018, 01:46
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Joined 29.06.2016

Additional TimeFrame Parameters in Optimization
23 Mar 2018, 01:46

I want to set an alternative TimeFrame (in addition to the timeframe selected for the cbot). I add this code into my bot:

[Parameter("Display Pips Per Candle", DefaultValue = "Minute30")]
        public TimeFrame displayTimeFrame { get; set; }

That's all fine and good.

However, I want the optimizer to test a range of alternative timeframes. Normally, with a parameter set like this, the optimizer would allow me to select a range  of options - for example, the timeframe option in the optimizer has a tick box which, when selected, provides the full range of time options to test.

Setting a parameter like this does nothing other than set that single timeframe as an option. There's no tick box. Even when I add this following code, there's no change. The only timeframe available to the optimizer is the "Default" timeframe, which is not optimizing anything!

[Parameter("Display Pips Per Candle", DefaultValue = "Minute30", MinValue="Minute5",MaxValue="Hour1")]
        public TimeFrame displayTimeFrame { get; set; }

It treats the "Default" timeframe as a static variable - there's an oxymoron for you - rather thn a variable from a range.

Is this frustrating. You netcha!

Why?

Simply because I'm trying to get the optimizer to return some results using a range of variables and one of the principle variables can't be tested!

@1013749
Replies

peyaxoje
09 Apr 2018, 11:50

+1

@peyaxoje

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Apr 2018, 11:13

Hi to all,

We will consider adding this feature in a future release. In the meanwhile, a workaround would be to have an integer as a parameter which would then convert to the timeframe within the cBot. A bit sloppy solution but it would work.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous