build hangs

Created at 17 Mar 2018, 07:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lec0456

Joined 14.11.2012

build hangs
17 Mar 2018, 07:44

lately, when I hit the build button, cAlgo has been hanging. It sits their forever and I must restart the comupter to compile. There is no obvious pattern here it seems to occur randomly. Can you offer any tips to trubleshoot the issue?

@lec0456
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Mar 2018, 11:02

Hi lec0456,

It sounds like a defect. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? You can do so by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Shift + T and submitting the form that will pop up. In the text box please paste a link to this discussion.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lec0456
26 Mar 2018, 11:36

It happened today, when it hangs, Windows kind of greys out the window and displays a spinning circle.  Pressing Ctrl+ALt+Shift +T would not work. All I could do was select the window of a separate open instance of cAlgo and hit the key combo.  I sent a link to this forum in the description box.  BU i am not sure you will get relavant info because the actual window that hangs would not do the debug routine.  Also, If I try to compile in the second instance, it will also freeze. All I cando is a full restart to get it to start compiling again. I figure maybe there is a file lock, if i atleast knew which file to manually clear maybe it would allow me to start compiling without restarting.

@lec0456