Connection very unstable

Created at 04 Feb 2018, 08:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

douglascvas

Joined 02.01.2018

Connection very unstable
04 Feb 2018, 08:54

Hi, after the last update some days ago the connection in cAlgo is VERY unstable. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all the time. Some days it does it less often, but some other days it is simply impossible to use the tool (and no, it is not a problem in my internet connection).

And it is not even possible to use the backtesting/optimization because it gets disabled when cAlgo is disconnected.

@douglascvas
Replies

newbee
04 Feb 2018, 10:34

Hello, same isue commenced today and it is unusable. Every two seconds disconnects and reconnects non stop. It's been happenning all day. Any help would be appreciated.

@newbee

MHBB
04 Feb 2018, 10:37

Also having the same issue since yesterday with IC Markets, constant disconnecting and reconnecting. I talked to them using online support to ask if they were doing upgrades/maintenance and they said to contact Spotware

Seems to be an IC Market issue as not having the same problem with other brokers using cAlgo

@MHBB

douglascvas
05 Feb 2018, 04:03

I am seriously thinking about switching to Metatrader.... it is being simply impossible to use the optimizer from cAlgo. I don't understand why can't the application just cache the data and use it.... why does it need to stop the optimizer all the time because of connection issue with the server?
@douglascvas

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Feb 2018, 14:28

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Can you let me know if this still happens? On weekends this is expected due to maintenance tasks. However I will investigate with cAlgo team if offline backtesting/optimization can be added to the backlog

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

douglascvas
06 Feb 2018, 08:56

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Can you let me know if this still happens? On weekends this is expected due to maintenance tasks. However I will investigate with cAlgo team if offline backtesting/optimization can be added to the backlog

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Yes, this has happened mostly on weekends. Today is working perfectly fine. Yesterday (Monday) it was impossible to use the optimizer; even though it did not show "reconnecting" on the top left corner, the optimizer was simply dying all the time, without message or log, simply stops and I have to click to start over (this has happened often on week days as well).

@douglascvas

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Feb 2018, 11:30

Hi douglascvas,

Next time you experience this issue, please send troubleshooting information to our QA team. You can do so by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T and then pressing the "Submit" button. In the description, please paste the link of this discussion.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

AlgoCreators
26 Jan 2023, 13:40

The connection is still unstable

Hi,The connection is still unstable and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. This happens 100 times a day.
In our country, the speed of the Internet has been greatly reduced for some time. However, Metatrader has no connection problems.
How can this problem be solved?

@AlgoCreators