Drawing coloured regions on the chart

Created at 29 Jan 2018, 00:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

Daniel D.

Joined 29.01.2018

Drawing coloured regions on the chart
29 Jan 2018, 00:54

I see how to draw a line

ChartObjects.DrawLine(...);

ChartObjects.DrawText(...);

However, I would like to draw rectangles, etc, in order to form regions with background colours on the chart. Is this possible, and, if so, can you provide an example?

Also, I would like to use something similar to FromArgb to define colours as shown in the following line of code. However, I cannot find an equivalent in the the Algo.API.Colors. Does the Algo API contain a method to define colours using ARGB?

Color c = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(200, 150, 150, 255);

Thanks,

@Daniel D.
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Jan 2018, 12:45

Hi Daniel,

Currently cAlgo does not offer any of the two functionalities. However, they are both in our backlog therefore you should expect them in a future release of cAlgo.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
11 Apr 2019, 02:56 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Any updates?

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Daniel,

Currently cAlgo does not offer any of the two functionalities. However, they are both in our backlog therefore you should expect them in a future release of cAlgo.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@Hi Panagiotis:

Any further updates on this functionality? It would be really fantastic to especially have the color zones on indicators.

Also, I hope cTrader implements it as well as ProRealTime as they do an awesome job. Here's a screen capture showing an example for your team so you can see how well your competition does it. What I especially like is how configurable their color-zone configuration is. For instance here, notice how I have one value greater-than the other:

Color zones on ProRealTime

Here's another showing the further power and flexibility I hope cTrader implements. Notice the different color zones I have, and the different conditions with the %B Bollinger Bands:

Bollinger Bands color zones config

Bollinger Bands color zones config

Please keep us posted on cTrader's progress.

Thanks!

@firemyst