.net core 2.0 linux

Created at 28 Oct 2017, 09:34
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AN

anthonyirwin82

Joined 04.01.2017

.net core 2.0 linux
28 Oct 2017, 09:34

Hi,

With the release of .net core 2.0 microsoft has stated that most apps that are not using older technologies should work fine.

I was wondering if it is possible to deploy calgo cbots using .net core 2.0 and run on a linux server.

If not can we expect such functionality in the future?

I'd really love to completely move away from having to use windows virtual machines and I already have several linux servers so having to get a windows one just for trading is rather annoying.

Anyway as microsoft is moving cross platform and officially supports windows/linux/macos with their new .net core 2.0 technology it would be nice to be able to start using it.

I have been experimenting with the asp.net core 2.0 on my centos 7 server and it works well. I have even created a systemd config file to load the service on boot and can use either apache or nginx as a proxy to the kestrel server to add ssl encryption etc.

Anyway I think it would be great to be able to run caglo with a web interface on linux/macos/windows servers. I image some windows server users may even like to ditch the graphic user interface as it is optional as of windows server 2012 so forcing users to have windows and a graphical user interface is a rather backwards way of doing things. (in my opinion)

You could still have the windows apps for average users and development purposes but personally I'd rather ditch the need for windows completely.

Thanks,

Anthony

@anthonyirwin82
Replies

ap11
01 Nov 2017, 10:00

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your interest in cAlgo.
Indeed Microsoft is doing interesting stuff and we now have more options for our project in the future.
For now we are only planning to investigate this opportunity. Compilation against .Net Standard seems to be one of the promising options.
Although it seems like a possible scenario, it will require a lot of work to implement this. So, unfortunately it won't happen any time soon.

Kind Regards,

Andrey

@ap11