Spread widening

Created at 27 Oct 2017, 17:41
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

davymailu

Joined 03.08.2017

Spread widening
27 Oct 2017, 17:41

Is there anyone who knows the historical spread widening during news time or any other time the spread might widen. Just asking to prevent the stop loss from being cancelled like it did on CAD news this week. Also, cAlgo seems to be having very high spreads, higher than normal during those times. 

@davymailu
Replies

paul_jen345
28 Oct 2017, 11:39

Spreads have nothing to do with Ctrader or Calgo mate .

They are defined by you broker .

I run three broker accounts with both Meta4 and Ctrader / Calgo.

Prices and spreads are the same on both platforms but differ from broker to the next (unless the broker states otherwise). Only commissions and margin requirements seam to vary.

Also, spreads always increase during high volatility ( news time) . 

The Ask price often lags behind the Bid price , fast movements draw the spread out .(Bit like a rubber band)

Ive seen XAUUSD go from minmum spread 6, average spread 15, then max spread 89, in a really fast movement.

Unless you have a broker willing to offer fixed spreads (which will be higher than average )  you are just going to have to 

figure out what code to write to take that into account.

(Dont forget .Higher volatility ,more orders being placed therefore slower latency  (order process time) )

May I suggest looking into stoplossess that are proportional to volume.

Anyway ,thats my good deed for the day . Good Luck !

static string name = " Paul";

@paul_jen345

kricka
09 Nov 2017, 17:07

News time and spread

davymailu said:

Is there anyone who knows the historical spread widening during news time or any other time the spread might widen. Just asking to prevent the stop loss from being cancelled like it did on CAD news this week. Also, cAlgo seems to be having very high spreads, higher than normal during those times. 

Do not actually think that cTrader or cAlgo brokers have a wider spread in news time, most of all the brokers have a wider spread during this period, regardless of the platform used.

@kricka