Single core or multiple core for running cAlgo on VPS?

Created at 27 Oct 2017, 07:47
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NG

nguyenbaocuong

Joined 16.09.2017

Single core or multiple core for running cAlgo on VPS?
27 Oct 2017, 07:47

Dear all,

I plan running my robot on VPS with multi trading account. So the VPS that have single core or multiple core is better?

I see that link https://www.tradingfxvps.com/is-single-or-multiple-core-better-for-running-multiple-metatrader-4-terminals-on-your-vps/. It said that single core is better for MT4. How about cAlgo?

Thanks!

@nguyenbaocuong
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Nov 2017, 09:23

Hi nguyenbaocuong,

cTrader does not have the problems mentioned in the article so you can safely benefit from a multicore processor.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

irmscher9
22 Mar 2018, 12:57

But is it OK to run 1 bot on cAlgo on single-core VPS? Or is it better to get at least 2 cores?

@irmscher9

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Mar 2018, 14:04

Hi irmscher9,

There is no single answer to this question. It depends what your needs are e.g. how many robots are you running at the same time, what are their processing needs, how often do they trade etc

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

irmscher9
22 Mar 2018, 14:32

I'm planning to run 1 robot in cAlgo on that VPS. Couple of trades a week. 

Well, main issue could be Orders delay. My bot is very dependant on strong impulses so a few millisecond delay might cost me a few pips. Can 1 core potentially cause me those troubles?

@irmscher9

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Mar 2018, 14:45

Hi irmscher9,

If you don't perform any extraordinary calculations before sending the order, i don't think you will have a problem. Computation-wise, sending an order is a submillisecond process.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous