Live Vs Backtests

Created at 04 Oct 2017, 21:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LE

leohermoso

Joined 31.01.2016

Live Vs Backtests
04 Oct 2017, 21:35

Hi the backtests is showing a very different results from live account.

According to backtests thats what should have happened in my account 

And this is what really happened

This reallys concerns me... its very very different for same code and in theory same data. In this case things went really good... but what if the opposite happened? I am a big fan of ctrader, and use it for several years. But cAlgo is a very messy software with a lot of bugs and it should be released as a beta version.

I have another issue... if i run this code from 09/01/17 to 09/30/17 it gives me on value... if i run it from 09/01/17  to 09/09/17  to 09/30/17  gives me a crazy result... so i dont know if i have a good bot... or calgo is bullshitting me.

Why this happens?

@leohermoso
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Oct 2017, 09:23

Dear leohermoso,

This is a similar issue with the one in this discussion. Please read my last reply which explains why this is happening. The cAlgo team is looking at this issue.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

leohermoso
05 Oct 2017, 17:34 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Dear leohermoso,

This is a similar issue with the one in this discussion. Please read my last reply which explains why this is happening. The cAlgo team is looking at this issue.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Thank you for your prompt answer. But i think we have a different case here:

This is the backtest for day 10/03/2017 

]

And this is bot running on a live account for the same period:

Same code... same parameters... different number of trades.. its not a slight difference in gross profit.. everything is different.. unfortunatelly i will have to change my platform

@leohermoso

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Oct 2017, 17:58

Dear leohermoso,

There could be many reasons that this happens e.g. are the backtesting parameters exactly the same as your broker's settings? In order to explain the difference we will need to have the cBot code and the exact backtesting parameters so that we can reproduce internally and check deals one by one.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous