cAlgo - software not responding after my laptop gone to sleep and back

Created at 24 Sep 2017, 14:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

irmscher9

Joined 22.12.2016

cAlgo - software not responding after my laptop gone to sleep and back
24 Sep 2017, 14:25

Hi

cAlgo - software not responding after my laptop gone to sleep and back:

@irmscher9
Replies

irmscher9
24 Sep 2017, 14:27

Yes, every time.

@irmscher9

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 Sep 2017, 10:16

Hi irmscher9,

The issue will be investigated by our product team. We will update you regarding this as soon as we have some conclusions.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

irmscher9
25 Sep 2017, 12:40

Thanks.

@irmscher9

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Sep 2017, 09:24

Hi irmscher9,

We tried to reproduce this issue but we couldn't. We would appreciate if you could send troubleshooting information to the support team for further investigation. In order to this you need to press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T when in cTrader/cAlgo. Please send the discussion thread link inside the message.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

irmscher9
26 Sep 2017, 19:48

Done. By the way, I have Windows 10 on both of my machines, may be something to do with this?

@irmscher9

irmscher9
03 Nov 2017, 16:32

Hi there. I have also sent the troubleshooting report from my laptop. It's where the problem persists. Everytime I close and then open my laptop the software goes (cAlgo) to not responding.

Thanks.

@irmscher9

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Nov 2017, 16:44

Hi irmscher9,

Thanks for sending the report. Our Quality Assurance team will study it and investigate the issue.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

irmscher9
21 Dec 2017, 11:11 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

On my desktop PC I'm getting Blue screen of death every time I send computer to sleep with the opened cAlgo software:

@irmscher9

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Dec 2017, 11:20

Hi irmscher9,

Thanks for reporting this but if Windows crashes for any reason then probably it would be better to contact Microsoft instead. There are not much things we can do about a Windows crash.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

irmscher9
07 Jan 2018, 16:59

Yes, but Windows crashes only when I leave cAlgo software open when going to sleep. Otherwise no problems.

@irmscher9

irmscher9
07 Feb 2018, 12:30

So I guess nothing can be done about this?

It's really annoying, my backtesting takes 1 hour, then I need to study my backtesting results so I leave my pc on sleep mode duting night to sart right of analysing the results in the morning. Only to discover Blue Screen of Death or black screen on return from sleep. Note, on my both laptop and desktop pc. Then I need to wait another hour for my backtesting to finish... It's a bit annoying, are you sure nothing can be done about it? at least try?

@irmscher9

irmscher9
07 Feb 2018, 12:41

Actually, this problem wouldn't exist if cAlgo would let us save the backtesting results.

@irmscher9