Backtesting Error

Created at 06 Nov 2012, 14:56
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Uche

Joined 25.10.2012

Backtesting Error
06 Nov 2012, 14:56

Hello Admin

The backtesting stopped working since the last update,what can be the cause.

@Uche
Replies

rkokerti
06 Nov 2012, 18:48 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Hello,

Same for me... the error message is this:

But restart dosn't solve the problem. Please investigate it.

Thanks

@rkokerti

admin
07 Nov 2012, 10:35

Hello,

We will investigate but we need some information like what is the symbol you are testing, and which currency your account is in. The more information you can provide about the scenario by which you are receiving this will help.

Regards

@admin

Uche
07 Nov 2012, 11:47

Testing Symbol and currency.

AUDUSD,GBP Account.

@Uche

rkokerti
07 Nov 2012, 11:58

GBPNZD, USD Account.

@rkokerti

admin
07 Nov 2012, 12:17

Hello,

We have identified the issue and are working on its resolution. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Regards

@admin

admin
07 Nov 2012, 12:21

In the meantime please remove and re-add the instance of the robot and let us know if it solves the issue.

@admin

rkokerti
07 Nov 2012, 12:55

Yes, it helps for me.

1, remove instance

2, restart cAlgo,

3, add instance.

It solved the issue.

@rkokerti

Uche
21 Nov 2012, 16:33

backtest stopped

Hello admin

I noticed that the backtest has stopped showing trades since the update yesterday.

Robot woeks fine,but the backtest stopped.

Regards

@Uche

rkokerti
21 Nov 2012, 18:44

RE: backtest stopped
Uche said:

Hello admin

I noticed that the backtest has stopped showing trades since the update yesterday.

Robot woeks fine,but the backtest stopped.

Regards

See more detailes here: /forum/cbot-support/179

@rkokerti

admin
22 Nov 2012, 14:17

Thank you for reporting this. We have identified an issue with the backtesting and are currently working on a solution for it. In order to verify that your situation is the same you may post your code or send it to us via email.

@admin

Uche
23 Nov 2012, 11:23

I think it only affects Robots working with Pending Orders.

@Uche

ErykSosenka
25 Nov 2012, 11:06

It doesn't only affect robots using Pending Orders...

I've been runnig my robot on the live account for the past several weeks. I ran a backtest today (having reset the EURUSD and USDCHF instances) using the same parameters over the same period and the results are nowhere near the ones on the account statement. I did a big test two weeks ago and there weren't any issues back then...

Can you confirm that this bug only affects the backtesting functionality and not the live environment?

@ErykSosenka

admin
26 Nov 2012, 09:34

Yes, the only problem is in the backtesting and it only affects code with referenced indicators.

@admin

Uche
26 Nov 2012, 16:48

I am using API indicators,why does it affect my Robots? Also, I noticed that reference Robots like the RSI and Martingale are not affected.

@Uche

rkokerti
26 Nov 2012, 16:55

You will faced with this problem, if you use "Indicators.Getindicator<>();" This means reference inicator. And this issue effects only backtesting function, not Robots.

@rkokerti

Uche
26 Nov 2012, 18:25

I meant while backtesting.I dont use Indicators.Getindicator<>().

@Uche

Uche
28 Nov 2012, 15:05

Where can I download the previous version of cAlgo, cant get the backtest to work on current version.

Thanks

@Uche

admin
28 Nov 2012, 17:32

The backtesting will be fixed this week. Unfortunately it is not possible to get a previous version.

@admin