Can i reference cAlgo API on my own application , with out using the cAlgo application?

Created at 03 Jul 2017, 09:58
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Joined 30.06.2017

Can i reference cAlgo API on my own application , with out using the cAlgo application?
03 Jul 2017, 09:58

I am trying to reference cAlgo API on my application but it is not working please help as to how i do it.

I do not want to use the cAlgo application i just want to create my own indicator that transmits signals but the indicator is on cAlgo already soo i want to copy that C# code to my own application and reference cAlgo API.

@3161529
Replies

... Deleted by UFO ...

Spotware
12 Jul 2017, 16:12

Dear 3161529,

Thanks for your question. It is possible to reference cAlgo.API in your application but it would not be of much practical usage, since the API uses data provided by cAlgo, like market data which is necessary to plot an indicator. The cAlgo.API does not offer functionality to fetch this data from the server. If you want to develop your own application then we recommend you to use Connect API instead to get all the necessary data and use cAlgo.API as a complementary API in case you need to use any of the classes and functions it offers.

If you still want to reference cAlgo.API in your application you can do it as follows

1. Open your Visual Studio project
  2. Go to References
  3. Right Click > Add Reference
  4. Click Browse
  5. Navigate to C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\cAlgo\API
  6. Select cAlgo.API.dll and press add
  7. Click OK

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware